cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram boot error only after restarting from windows 10

Rawandouz
Level 8
Hi this is my first time posting, so forgive me if I'm using wrong formats, or missing some details (I'll add if needed):

Recently I've been having an annoying issue, whenever i do a windows restart, (noticed it during the latest windows update, I'm not sure if it's related) i will get a ram error (orange led, 1 long beep and 2 short ones) and I can only bypass it by doing a complete shutdown/turn on, If i shut down my PC through windows and turn it on I wont have any errors as well, it's only specific to a restart from windows.

I updated my bois, did a memory test (using memtest68) i might do an extended one later, nothing showed up.

I turned off xmp and tried to restart same ram error only from windows restart.

I had this the below system for around almost 2 years and only now I'm having this issue:

Asus Strix z690F | DDR5 32GB Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX5M2B5600C36 | i7127000k (not Overclocked)

other than that issue, the PC runs very stable, I'm wondering if anyone had a similar issue with ram errors only after restart, and have any suggestions which would be really appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Rawandouz 

May I inquire if the situation you described occurred following any recent changes, such as a BIOS update or the connection of an external device?
Does the system fail to boot into the OS after the Q-LED indicator lights up and hears the beep codes upon rebooting?
Could you please confirm your current BIOS version, whether there is any memory overclocking, and the memory installation slots?
We suggest that you try installing one RAM module in the DIMM_A2 slot after clearing CMOS.
Ensure there are no abnormalities upon rebooting before adding the second module to the DIMM_B2 slot.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hi! the issue started or at least I noticed it after a windows update since it forces the pc into a system restart, there was no bios update or hardware changes in the last 18 months or so, I did update the bios yesterday however hoping it will fix the issue, but had no luck it's still happening. The issue only happens when I do a restart from windows, the system will reboot and will hang on DRAM check (orange light-3beep code) and will not continue, the only solution i found is to shut down the system by holding the power button and turn it on again, and it will work flawlessly without any errors, same if I shut down from windows and turn on again, no problems. It only and exclusively happens when I "restart" from windows.

Bios version is: 3401 (03/19/2024), memory were using XMP 2, but as I mentioned in my original message, I disabled it and checked but the problem kept happening, I tried XMP 1, 2, and Tweaked and all came back with the same issue.

I did CMOS clearing and all the suggested memory troubleshooting, from swapping sticks, into different slots, trying 1 stick at a time in each compatible slot, I even tried to boot without a gpu just to make sure, but the problem kept happening.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Rawandouz 

Thank you for providing the relevant scenario.
Would disabling the "Turn on fast startup" feature in Windows Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable help resolve the issue?
Alternatively, please try restarting in Safe Mode to verify if the rebooting failure issue persists under this condition as well.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

This is a real issue, which ASUS won't do anything about. EXTREMELY frustrating. Last ASUS motherboard if this doesn't get fixed soon. Running Windows 11 on a TUF Gaming B650-Plus WiFi board, exactly same issue. NOTHING is wrong with my hardware, it's all brand new. You have to realize that it is your BIOS which is the issue and patch the issue once and for all. When I reboot or Windows Update does it, it hangs on the DRAM light forever. Only way to have it recover is to shut off the PSU and wait a while and then turn it back on again. Really frustrating.

It doesn't work I tired disabling fast startup and test it still the same issue, also in the description of fast boot it only affects booting from a turned off system and doesn't not effect a "restart" which is causing the problem (restarting the system only cause the problem to occur).

Safe mode didn't help.

how can I share a complete hardware and software config, I can share the dxdiag if it's enough, or I can share the msinfo32 report, only if i can share it more securely (not on a public forum).

ItzExotical
Level 8

Also tried to disable that, no change. Also tried to disable Fast Boot (or whatever it is called) in BIOS and that made no difference at all either.

Running latest BIOS version. Windows 11 Enterprise Version 23H2 (OS Build 22635.3570).

TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI BIOS 2613

American Megatrends Inc. 2613, 2024-04-12

ItzExotical
Level 8

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ItzExotical 

Thank you for providing the relevant hardware information, versions, and the MSInfo32 dump.
Could you please clarify if this issue occurred after the PC was first built or after using it for some time and occurred following any recent changes, such as a BIOS update or swap with another RAM module?
The memory part number "AX5U6400C3232G-DCLARBK" currently installed is not listed in the TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI memory QVL
May I ask if you have tried cross-testing memory from the QVL list?
Is the memory installed in the DIMM_A2 and B2 slots recommended in the user manual, and if only one memory module is installed in A2, does the issue persist?
Could you please provide a complete recording of the problem? This includes documenting the memory installation slots, any RAM error indication lights or possible error prompts when the system fails to restart, and the need to toggle the PSU switch to boot again.

EDIT:
Have you performed any memory overclocking or manual setting adjustments in BIOS?
If so, we recommend clearing CMOS and entering the system under the default BIOS settings before verifying if the described issues still occur upon reboot.

Thank you.

Hi,

I shared the MSinfo32 dump with you as a direct private message.