cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with identifying my motherboard in CPU-Z

Caikera
Level 8

Hello friends!

I'm having a problem with identifying my motherboard, I have a ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II and the name simply doesn't appear correctly in the settings, only numbers appear, below I'll put a screenshot of the CPU-Z.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

cpuz.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Caikera
Level 8

I achieved! @Jiaszzz_ROG 

After a lot of research I found the tool to make the changes.

From what I understand, the previous owner made these modifications due to a ban on online games, changing all the serial numbers on the motherboard.

I used another motherboard to return all data to factory settings.

The name of the tool is DMIEDIT. It was difficult to obtain, whoever is interested better find it at their own risk, as I believe it is not in accordance with the forum rules to make such a tool available.

Capturar.JPG

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @Caikera 

Please confirm which BIOS revision. Does the behaviour persist if using USBFlashback to version 3607?

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hi Silent_Scone, yes it is in the latest bios version 3607. I haven't tried USBflashback yet, I'll try this solution today and come back here to let you know if it worked.

Hi @Silent_Scone 

I redid the recording via USBflashback and it remained the same, problem not yet resolved!

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Caikera 

May I ask if you can verify the correct motherboard model under BaseBoard by opening the Run window in Windows using "Windows + R", typing "msinfo32", and pressing Enter?
Since CPU-Z is a third-party software, we suggest reinstalling it or using alternative software such as HWiNFO to verify.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG 

Likewise, none of the alternatives were successful.

I've also tried hard resetting the computer and it remained the same.

Capturar.JPGCapturas.JPG

Caikera
Level 8

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Caikera 

Could you confirm if you can identify the correct model under BIOS?
To further address your concern, I've PM you to confirm the serial number.
Please check at your convenience.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG  I sent you a private message with the serial number information.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-22 at 19.13.54.jpeg

Screenshot_20240522_141518_Chrome.jpg

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Caikera 

Thank you for sharing the image and serial number.
Could you please clarify if this issue occurred after the PC was first built or after using it for some time and occurred following any recent changes, such as a BIOS update or component replacement?
If you refresh the BIOS to 3607 again, can the issue be resolved?

Thank you.