cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Seems to be stuck in sleep mode

bmlxd401
Level 7
Hello. I have a new build with an Asus Hero Maximus Z790 & an i9-13900K. The GPU is a Quadro RTX A4500. The PC runs like a sewing machine, except for the fact that after restarts, no monitors will respond, or keyboard or mouse. The RGB and other lights on the MOBO, plus fans are on though. If the PC is allowed to go to sleep, it also gets stuck in this mode. The only way to get back into the PC is via a "Hard" reboot.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @bmlxd401 

May I kindly inquire about the current versions of your BIOS and Intel ME firmware?
We recommend that you clear the CMOS and subsequently verify if the issue persists after waking up from sleep mode.
Please refer to the troubleshooting steps outlined in the [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display guide to attempt issue resolution and update the BIOS if needed.
If the problem continues to persist, kindly provide us with more comprehensive details regarding your hardware specifications, the troubleshooting methods you have already attempted, and a complete recording of the issue in order to help us gain a better understanding of your situation. 

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

I disabled fastboot in the bios, and in windows, and it seemed to help. However, sometimes, it seems like the PC does have an issue with shutdown. I shut down the PC, but the motherboard is still powered on. The PC wont respond without a hard shutdown via the power button. I am on BIOS update 1501

Here are my current driver versions.

Bmlxd40_0-1701525536567.png

xlasus
Level 8

Did you do Windows 11 23h2 update recently? I have similar problem with my laptop. Check system log for nvidia driver crashes.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @xlasus 

We noticed your post on the laptop discussion forum, and our agent will shortly assist you with troubleshooting.
We recommend updating the details of your issue in the comments section of your post to avoid any potential information gaps.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Bmlxd40
Level 7

So now it seems as though I am getting a BSOD during restarts or shutdowns, and a Diver Power State Failure error. Any ideas?