cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One RAM Stick LED Issue (Maximus Z790 Formula)

axxo
Level 8

Hi there

I've just finished my new build with the Maximus Z790 Formula and noticed, that the LED light of one of my RAM sticks (Kingston Fury Beast DDR5) doesn't behave properly:

ram.jpg

I did mounted 4 sticks with 32GB each.

Does anybody knows what the problem might be? Help would be really appreciated!

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @axxo 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

Could you please provide the part number of the memory you are currently using (e.g., KF548C38BB-8), and are they from the same kit?
We recommend using memory modules from the same kit, for instance, a set of four identical modules, to avoid mixing different sets.
For detailed guidance, please refer to the "purchasing and installation guide" under the "Memory" section on the official website of the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 FORMULA's support page.
Additionally, please try cross-testing different slots or installing only one memory module at a time to isolate potential memory- or slot-related issues.

Thank you.

axxo
Level 8

Hi there,

Many thanks for your feedback. 

The part number of the RAM Sticks are "KF552C40BWAK4-128". It's a set of 4 RAM Sticks with 32GB each. I bought them all together.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @axxo 

Thank you for sharing the RAM spec.
May I ask if you have  tried cross-testing different slots and memory modules to see if the issue persists?
Or have you installed Armoury Crate or other RGB configuration software to attempt syncing RGB lighting effects through the software?
Additionally, if you haven't updated to the latest BIOS released on February 16, 2024, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before checking again.

Thank you.