cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Raid0 Storage (from 2011) on a new Motherboard 2023

Jörg1982
Level 7

Hello Together, hope this is the right place to find a crack for That.

I have a problem.  2011 a friend of mine installed a PC for me. he installed the Storage (shown on the Pic) as a Raid0

Raid Config old.pngFestplatte.png

I have no clue about Raids so please be patient with me. Because my old system gets slower and slower I decided to change hardware.

So I had before a: Motherboard Asus Maximus Gene IV mATX and have now The ASUS B760 G Wifi mATX with new CPU, Cooler and RAM.

My plan was to use the old Storage again as before.

Sadly, Windows is no more booting. When i go into the BIOS I have no Storage to boot from.I cannot choose any.

From what I read from the Internet, I cannot do that because of that RAID Config before.

Is there any chance to save the data, or to use the data as it was? I surely have an Backup of phtotos and stuff.

Or do I have to reinstall the old board and delete that Raid stuff to use the Data otherwise.

i do not understand that Raid stuff.

And, what I also do not see: why are there two physical Memorys listed when there is only that one 3.0TB Storage to see in real life?

Regards

Jörg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jörg1982 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
The typical lifespan of a hard drive is approximately 5 years, and according to your description, we recommend that you first back up your data to prevent any potential loss during any operations.
Regarding the RAID setup and deletion, we have relevant FAQs as below:

[Motherboard]How to create RAID in BIOS Setup
[Notebook] Creating and Deleting RAID Array

However, there is a significant difference between the chipsets on the MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z and the ROG STRIX B760-G GAMING WIFI, as well as the hard drive and the Intel B760 Chipset.
This difference may present challenges when transferring the RAID hard drive.
Taking various factors into consideration, we would advise you to use a brand new data storage device and then transfer the data from your previous PC.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jörg1982 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
The typical lifespan of a hard drive is approximately 5 years, and according to your description, we recommend that you first back up your data to prevent any potential loss during any operations.
Regarding the RAID setup and deletion, we have relevant FAQs as below:

[Motherboard]How to create RAID in BIOS Setup
[Notebook] Creating and Deleting RAID Array

However, there is a significant difference between the chipsets on the MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z and the ROG STRIX B760-G GAMING WIFI, as well as the hard drive and the Intel B760 Chipset.
This difference may present challenges when transferring the RAID hard drive.
Taking various factors into consideration, we would advise you to use a brand new data storage device and then transfer the data from your previous PC.

Thank you.

Thank you. Yes this is certainly the best solution. Thanks regards Joerg

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jörg1982 

Thank you for your response.
If you encounter any difficulties or concerns, please feel free to start another discussion thread or PM me anytime.

Thank you.