cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New system is Strix Z790-H Gaming Wifi Boot looping

Pokari
Level 7

I recently had an issue with and msi board where the flash function was faulty, tried all the usual make sure the usb is fat32 and various other sticks, eventually that board died and the system wouldnt even power on. so i replaced it yesterday with a new one.

specs

i7 -14700k

32GB Corsair vengance DDR5

RTX 3060TI

ASUS rog strix z790-h gaming wifi

I assembled the new system with the asus mother board however it is boot looping, gives red cpu led then switches off and then yellow dram led, then no debug led and powers it self off and then on again repeat.

I have tried no gpu, every ram slot, different psu, made sure for no bent pins on the board, checked all connections and even flashed the bios to make sure since its 14th gen intel.

Any ideas would be really appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Pokari 

Based on your description, the system fails to boot even with minimal hardware configuration, including only the CPU, a single RAM stick in the DIMM_A2 slot, and the PSU, and you have attempted cross-testing with other PSUs or updated the BIOS to version 1202 or later.

Could you please confirm if, apart from the motherboard, all other components are reused from a previous build?
May I ask at which Q-LED indicator light does the boot failure occur, and are there any BIOS beep code prompts simultaneously?
We recommend consulting the ROG STRIX Z790-H GAMING WIFI user manual to ensure correct installation of all hardware and cables and troubleshooting the issue with the following FAQs:
[Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators
[Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display
As you have recently made the purchase, if the above steps fail to resolve the issue, we suggest contacting the retailer promptly for further assistance with after-sales support.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂