cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bios doesn’t support expo

VenusXO
Level 8

I update my bios from 1402-1410. Seems like both bios doesn’t support Expo. Every time I turn on expo to get the full speed for my rams, after restarting my window it stuck at Q code 97. Just too tired at this point trying to keep updating all these bios to make everything work like I expecting them to be. Thinking about switching to a different motherboard at this points. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nytman7
Level 8

I think all of the bios releases at this point are all messed up or may have caused damage to some of our CPU's. Im running x670e hero & 7950x3d and bios's 1303,1401 and 1410 cause my PC to shutdown randomly, without any indication of why. Only 1202 seems to be stable for me but apparently doesn't limit the SoC voltage to 1.30V.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Darox
Level 9

It does support in my System 670E Hero with 7950X cpu

I have Ryzen 9 7900x . Maybe it’s just my cpu then?  When the bios use to be 0805 I was able to run my rams at max speeds. What else should I try this point? Another bios updates? 

VenusXO
Level 8

Forgot to mention, my mbo is X670E-E , cpu 9 7900x 

nytman7
Level 8

I think all of the bios releases at this point are all messed up or may have caused damage to some of our CPU's. Im running x670e hero & 7950x3d and bios's 1303,1401 and 1410 cause my PC to shutdown randomly, without any indication of why. Only 1202 seems to be stable for me but apparently doesn't limit the SoC voltage to 1.30V.

Yeah, I’m thinking about switching back to 0805. Someone said on Reddit this version is actually the best, and it was the original version on my MBO before I decided to do a bios updates. I know I can manually set SoC to limits the voltage at 1.2V. I just don’t know how to do it yet. 

Exactly the same issue, i installed 1410, then bam the pc will black screen and then just randomly restarts, this happens soon as I log in with bios 1410. Was on bios 1202 and then 1303 for a few months, and didnt have this problem

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, all

We have released the formal version of BIOS 1416 for the ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI on our official website.
The synchronization of different country-specific websites may experience slight delays, but it is expected to be available on the official website within 24 hours.
Please try updating to the latest BIOS version and performing a clear CMOS before verifying the problem again.
Please refer to ASUS BIOS updates and warranty coverage for ASUS AM5 platform motherboards with Ryzen™ 7000 series p... if needed.

Thank you.

1416 doesn't support Expo or DOCP. I had to revert to 0705 and am desperately looking for 0805 which I've never had any issues with.

I have a file for all the bios for all Asus motherboard, it’s including 0805. If you want I can share it with you. Just make sure you use the bios flashback on the back of motherboard instead of regular way of updating bios. And be careful, I use it and it’s working fine for me.