cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with outdated mobo

TtvBrightstoneG
Level 7

Need help kind of urgent, my motherboard is a maximus vii ranger I acquired in 2014 with a i7 4790k cpu, current gpu is radeon rx 580, 

having driver issues with audio/mic

when i talk my voice volume goes up and down so it jumps from too quiet to too loud to too quiet back to too loud over and over , 

when looking at system sounds recording tab , the green light only hits level 2/10 at the peak of me talking/my volume , 

i used to fix this problem with the disk that came with the motherboard, however that no longer works and ive tried downloading online drivers i cant seem to get anything to work, 

being a twitch stream/using discord call a lot makes this challenging and urgent

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @TtvBrightstoneG .

I apologize for keeping you waiting.
May I ask what kind of software or hardware change caused this problem?
What kind of external device are you currently using to sound recording?
Please try to remove and reinstall the microphone and audio-related drivers first.
If the problem still exists, please provide the following information so that we can better understand the situation:
- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the DRAM and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- all the audio-related driver versions

Thank you.

i have had to factory reset my pc a couple times due to viruses or downloading to many games/mods breaking the drives , and when it reboots, it does without using the audio drives / supreme fx thing so i have to manually install them on the boot disc after , however for some reason that does not work anymore perhaps my system is too far out of date, but i cant afford a upgrade 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @TtvBrightstoneG .

It is advised that you manually install the driver version that corresponds to your OS from the official website.
Please share the inquiry I mentioned so that we can better understand your situation, and if possible, a video detailing the problem.

Thank you.