cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help install Samsung NVM Express driver from ROG Z790 Dark Hero

Digital567
Level 7

Hello guys, I seem to be having trouble installing my m.2 Samsung 990 pro SSD (Samsung NVM Express driver) in windows 10

Samsung magician recognize all Samsung m.2 drives, but in Device Manager Storage Controllers shows Standard NVM express Controller.
every time I trying to install the Samsung NVM express driver 3.3 is tell me that "Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the Device and try again.

windows 10 is working fine as normal with the standard NVM express Controller. but I would like to install Samsung NVM express driver.

any help would be appreciated. thanks guys.

Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the Device and try again.

My VMD controller set to Disable

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
Installed on 12/12/‎2023
OS build 19045.4170
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19054.1000.0

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1102, 3/15/2024

SMBIOS Version 3.5

Embedded Control!... 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufact... ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO
BaseBoard Version Rev 1 .XX

8 REPLIES 8

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Digital567 

May I ask which M.2 slot on the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO your SSD is currently installed in, and whether it is recognized in the BIOS?
Did the error message occur when you attempted to install the driver using Samsung Magician?
Based on your description, we suggest cross-testing different M.2 slots.

Additionally, here is some relevant information that may help you further:
SAMSUNG>Tools & Software
NVMe™ Driver Installation Guide
Update the firmware of your Samsung SSD

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Thank you for reply Jiazzzz_RoG. ROG Z790 Dark Hero has five slots for M.2 SSD. I install 1st T700 SSD, the remain 4 Slot I install Samsung 990 pro SSD 2TB each. In the Bio they all shows up. I will attach picture with this reply. I do not use raid, that why I set My VMD controller set to Disable. In the bio all SATA Enable. In the Samsung Guide Said Must sets SATA Mode Operation to AHCI. But in ROG Z790 Dark Hero Bio I Could not find any AHCI.

My SSD is Currently installed all recognized in the bios.

Did the error message occur when you attempted to install the driver using Samsung Magician?

Answerer: I install the Samsung NVM express driver 3.3. the error message “Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the Device and try again”.

I used all the M.2 without any problem,  windows 10 boot up the first M.2 as normal. The other 4 M.2 have data and work fine.

Samsung magician recognize all Samsung m.2 drives, but in Device Manager Storage Controllers  shows Standard NVM express Controller. Including M.2 T700 Sow Standard NVM express Controller This T700 boot up windows 10 quick and  have no problem.

The only thing is I could not  install the Samsung NVM express driver 3.3. Samsung won’t let me install and came out the error message “Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the Device and try again. I trying many times still the same message. I install Crucial driver but did not work too.1000000149.jpg

1000000150.jpg

1000000151.jpg

1000000152.jpg

Sorry I forgot one more pho to. And here the last photo. Thank You

1000000158.jpg

I just received this message From Republic of Gamers Forum Team Asked Me If “Did it solve my problem? (From Your Republic of Gamers Forum Team).

Sorry But it did not solve my Problem yet. Because I am still waiting help from you guys.

Anyways, Answers some of the question they asked.

Yes, I have the latest Bio BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1102, 3/15/2024 (ROG Z790 Dark Hero).

And the latest Windows 10 Update.

And I am download and install the latest Samsung NVM Express driver. But did not work. Error message ““Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the Device and try again.

Thank you, Guys,

I think I need to change my SATA Mode from whatever I have it on right now to AHCI. ( in order to install Samsung NVMe driver)

According to Samsung “Go to BIOS Settings / SATA Configuration and switch to AHCI mode”

My motherboard manufacturer is ASUS ROG Z790 Dark Hero

and  I have the latest Bio BIOS Version. 1102, 3/15/2024 (ROG Z790 Dark Hero).

The problem is that I cannot find the setting to change my SATA mode in the BIOS.

This is where the setting should be located:

Any help would be greatly appreciated Guys.

dennys2009
Level 9

Samsung NVM Express driver 3.3 . This driver supports Samsung NVMe™ SSD 970 PRO, 970 EVO, 970 EVO Plus, 960 PRO, 960 EVO and 950 PRO. 

You saw what was printed right in front of us.  We assumed it was a 990 Pro specific support page.
I had just purchased the 990 Pro today and was getting the same 'not connected' for my B650E-F Strix. 

Thanks Denny

There are no Samsung drivers for SSD 980Pro and SSD 990Pro.