I recently build a pc with those parts :

AMD Ryzen 7700X

Asus Rog Strix B650E-F

Corsair RM750e 80+gold

BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX

Asus Geforce RTX 4070

G.Skill DIMM 32GB DDR5-6000 2x16

So here is what i am expreriencing :

My computer works perfectly when i run  any game and my architect - rendering programs  . but if i leave it on idle or when im browsing the internet through Chrome or any other browser my screen freezes i cant click anything and i can only move the mouse around untill the computer automaticly restarts.

At first i thought it was a thermal issue because of the CPU that runs hot and i throttled it to 80 C [ didnt help]

Then i thought it was my architect programs fault because i downloaded it from the internet and didnt have a proper license . so i uninstalled it ... [ im still getting the crashes on idle]

Any ideas ?

i read somewhere  "My first guess would be that the PSU does not like the load transients from the CPU going from sleep to max boost and back to sleep again when there isn't much for it to do"

is it a possibility? how do i fix it? 

Any other ideas?

Thanks alot!

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ampagi 

Thank you for providing the hardware specifications and context.
Regarding the issue of stuttering and needing to restart during idle or light load usage, how long does it take for this to occur after booting?
Do you have any overclocking settings in the BIOS or system?
If so, does clearing CMOS and booting with the default BIOS settings resolve the issue?
What is your current BIOS version, and does updating to the latest version 2613 resolve the problem?

If the above steps do not help, could you please record a video following the steps below and share it with us?
Boot the system > Use or leave the system idle under light load > Capture the stuttering (How long does it take? Does it always happen?)> Show the mouse stuttering and the system automatically restarting
Reboot and enter the system

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Hello, @Jiaszzz_ROG  and thanks for your reply!

Do you have any overclocking settings in the BIOS or system?

• No overclocking settings at all

If so, does clearing CMOS and booting with the default BIOS settings resolve the issue?

• No it doesnt work.

What is your current BIOS version, and does updating to the latest version 2613 resolve the problem?

• as soon as i build the computers i instantly upgraded to the latest bios version .

The issue in general :

• Mouse is not stuttering its working normaly but i cant click anything on the desktop or on windows bar . After 30 seconds or so, the computer restarts . No bluescreen messages no nothing.

I build 2 identical computers . the 1st one had no issue till recently when this happened  and the 2nd has this issue from day one. 

The only changed i did from the start :

1.  To both computers :
    • Disabled memory training for faster boot times
    • Bios update to the latest version
    • Clean windows installation
  2. To the 2nd computer :
    • Throttled cpu to slow down at 80celcius temperature so it doesnt get too hot.

I cant record a video at the moment

Thanks again for your fast responce i hope i gave you enough clues to find this solution 🙂

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ampagi 

May I ask if the hardware specifications and OS versions of the two PCs are completely identical?
Based on your description, we suggest checking if the CPU is correctly installed and if there are any bent pins in the CPU sockets of both PCs.
Kindly consult the ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI user manual to ensure all components and power cables are installed correctly to address your speculation and eliminate potential hardware issues.
If necessary, consider cross-testing different PSUs or power cables.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Hello, @Jiaszzz_ROG 

Hardware and OS is exactly the same !

i Checked the CPU's Theres no issue there they are installed correctly .

I will try to find another PSU and i will get back to you with the results .

Can it be a software issue? or some BIOS setting?

Thanks!