cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard error beep codes

maniakhier
Level 7

Hello,
recently I have upgraded my setup with new GPU, last GPU was faulty and PC had to restart multiple times to fully start and was giving beep codes. So now I have new GPU I have been using her for a month I think without errors. But suddenly error returned and I am getting again 1long and 3 short beep code error. PC start normally, what is a strange a bit. ( At least I think it runs normally).
My specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6core 3,60GHz
RAM: HyperX 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Predator Series

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT (Before AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT)
Motherboard:  TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
All drivers should be up to date , checked them on websites and through Armoury Crate and AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition
For any help, many thanks. Hope I have wrote all necessary specs, and sorry for my English mistakes.
Edit: Also I forgot to 
mention that if I unplug whole PC take out GPU, put it back and turn on PC it starts without Error....

7 REPLIES 7

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @maniakhier 

According to your description, after uninstalling and reinstalling the GPU, it seems that the problem has been eliminated and it can be turned on normally?
Regarding "one long and three short beeps" from the speaker, it means an anomaly is detected in the graphic card. If the graphic card needs an extra power supply, please ensure the power supply can provide enough wattage.

Thank you.

well yes but only for one boot... , my powersupply is brand new and is on exact W as the GPU requieres and that is 650W (sorry for late post but I couldn't respond because website didn't allow me to..)

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @maniakhier .

It seems that you have not provided the brand and model of your PSU.
However, we would recommend cross-testing with other GPU or PSU.

Thank you.

My PSU is this one - EVGA 650 B5. This error was happening also with my older GPU, personally I think there is no error with GPU.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @maniakhier 

Could you help confirm again that there are one long and three short beeps every time when booting?
Is there any other abnormality? For example, a blue screen, an abnormal display card, or failure to boot
Please cross-test with another PSU if possible.
And we suggest you refer to the following link and test with minimal components to isolate the possible cause.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042632/

Thank you.

So, when I boot up PC, after few seconds that beep code shows up, the only abnormality with it is that Logo of my motherboard doesn't show up but after that everything boots as it should and PC runs normally. No blue sceen, No crashes. Just the error code. But when I plug my computer out of the outlet and after few seconds back so the PSU has no power in it. It boots without error magickly ... 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @maniakhier 

It is recommended that you try clearing the CMOS and observing the situation again.

Thank you.