cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard B650E-F Logo flickers in standby

pbogocz
Level 7

Hello all,

I have a problem with my motherboard Asus B650E-F.

When windows is shut down, the "Republic of Gamers" Logo flickers.

https://youtube.com/shorts/n-ipeRo49BY?feature=share

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @pbogocz 

Thank you for providing the video, which helped us easily understand the situation.
May I ask if the RGB flashing occurs only when the computer is shut down? Does it not happen during regular startup and usage?
Is this problem happening after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or experiencing a power outage
Did you use Armoury Crate to customize RGB lighting effects? If not, does the issue still persist after clearing CMOS?
If you refer to the following link, are you able to turn off the RGB on the motherboard when the power is off?
[Motherboard] How to turn off the AURA lighting effect of the MB/AIO water cooling/ROG keyboard and ...

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

pbogocz
Level 7

Hi,
the RGB Logo flickers only when windows is shut down.
During the startup there is a ranbow efffect (which I can not change) and after login to windows the selected "Starry night" effect which I set in Armoury Crate. During startup and in windows the Logo is not flickering.
Last weekend I made a BIOS update to the newest version and hoped the problem ís going to resove.
I did not clear CMOS - Isn't this done during BIOS update?
I did try to shut down the LED effects in BIOS under LED lighting.
This has no effect on the flickering in Standby. I tried "Aura Off" and "Stealth modde".
The only possibility to turn it off is the APM setting "ERP-Ready : S4+S5"
But this cuts also the power to my LianLi Fan Controller which resets the settings for my LianLi Infinity fans.
So this is also no solution for me. 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @pbogocz 

Could you please confirm if the RGB flashing occurred after any changes were made?
For instance, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Based on your description, the RGB on the motherboard flashes only when the system is powered off. During the boot-up process, it displays the default rainbow lighting effect, and after entering the operating system, it shows your customized "Starry Night" lighting effect.
Please first go to Armoury Crate > Settings > Update Center to confirm whether all items on this page have been updated to the latest version.
If the problem persists, please try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool to uninstall it and reinstall via the ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI support page, finish the update again, and reboot.

Thank you.

pbogocz
Level 7

Hello,

I found the reason for the flickering effect in standby.

The video you can see is the default "Starry Night" lighting effect provided by Asus.

I was able to change it to static colour in Armory Crate and it works now. No flickering - just a static colour.

Maybe Asus should rework the "Starry Night" lighting effect to make it less look like there i something defective.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @pbogocz 

According to the ROG AURA SYNC, the "Starry Night" effect at 0:33 seconds appears to be different from the one you've provided.
Therefore, we would recommend you check different lighting effect settings, especially those involving color transitions.
If you still experience flickering issues, please provide the following information so that we can further consult with the relevant department:
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, RAM, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- Armoury Crate version and a screen shot of the Armoury Crate Update Center
- please refer to "Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)" for recording and providing the relevant logs
After recording the log, please upload it to the cloud, approve access, and PM me the link.

Thank you.