cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Z790 Hero with Q-Code 98 and green/yellowisch light

dommas
Level 8

Hello everyone. 

I just built my first pc (except the gpu, thats still missing) and now i wanted to set it up. I wanted to boot it via my USB-stick with windows 11 from the creation tool. But when i saved my bios settings via f10 and wanted to boot via USB I just came back to the main strting page where i can just enter the Setup via f1 and the display shows the Q-Code 98. 

Im very new to building pcs, as this is my first one so i would apreciate the help very much. Also i added some pictures below.

My specs are: 

• Intel i7 13700k
  • Maximus Z790 Hero
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (2x32) DDR5 RAM
  • Corsair Rm1000x PSU
  • Corsair h150i Elite CAPELLIX XT
  • Corsair 5000D airflow

The Q-CodeThe Q-CodeMy MBOMy MBOThe screen i get sent back toThe screen i get sent back to

2 REPLIES 2

dommas
Level 8

Sorry i apparently just made it work somehow by entering setup via f1 and going to the boot menu and just clicking on my USB-Stick and now i can install windows. Sorry for disturbing. 

Can someone please tell me how i can take this post down again, after all my problem is solved, but i dont know how to take it down.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @dommas 

Thank you for providing the relevant details and updates.
I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the problem.
If you encounter similar issues in the future, we recommend checking the on-screen instructions or explanations provided in error messages.
You can also refer to the following links for additional guidance:
[Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators
[Windows 11/10] How to create and use installation media to reinstall Windows 11/10 via USB drive
[Motherboard]How to install Windows 11?
[Motherboard] How to update BIOS of the motherboard ?(Include different generation CPU)
How to clear CMOS?

Thank you.