cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Z690 Formulas CrossChill III VRM

Lmdim
Level 7

About two weeks ago, I reached out to support regarding the Z690 Formula corrosion issue.

However, I was surprised to find out that the support team had no understanding of my situation, so I had to explain the whole thing to them. Even after they found an announcement by Asus (which can be found at https://rog.asus.com/se/articles/maximus-motherboards/an-important-update-for-rog-maximus-z690-formu...), the agents were still confused.

They eventually escalated my ticket, and I expected them to provide me with a solution. However, to my dismay, they closed the request, stating that my system was still operational and therefore not eligible for an RMA.

What do I even do in this situation? The retailer I bought this MB from doesn't have any idea of the situation either and told me to send them the motherboard for repair (??). Is the RMA only available to those systems that are already corroded? 

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Lmdim 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Could you share your serial number and contact information via PM?
I will forward your case to our local team and follow up to assist you further.

Thank you.

I just got an update on my ticket:

We inform you that for cases of product failure within the first 2 years of warranty, you should contact the point of sale directly to process the warranty of your equipment and request a replacement or refund.

Lmdim
Level 7

Had a phone call with ASUS, this time the agent was able to acknowledge the issue but pointed out that unless there are visible signs of corrosion, RMA isn't possible.

@Jiaszzz_ROG can you confirm whether this is the right resolution? It's honestly disappointing given that the main reason my system doesn't have many signs of corrosion is because its only been running for few months.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Lmdim 

Please check the update I sent through PM. 

Thank you.

Thank you for the followup, I sent a dm 👌