cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus z690 Formula fail boot on XMP2 after bios update to 3101

Caberhagen
Level 8

Hi all,

today i upgradet bios to 3101, now the xmp2 boot fails.

every bios before was working with xmp2 out of the box.

anyone have the same issue?

@asus plz fix it for next release.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Caberhagen 

Thank you for your response.
If you do not require the use of specific features in the BIOS or any changes to the hardware components, we would recommend maintaining the stable version of the BIOS without the need for an update.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Caberhagen 

Could you please provide the part number of your memory, and is it listed in the QVL for the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA?
What is the setting for "Ai Overclock Tuner" in the BIOS under Advanced Mode>Extreme Tweaker?
Typically, only the parameters related to XMP I are optimized by ASUS for memory overclocking settings. Therefore, we recommend setting it to XMP I and checking again.
At the same time, if you haven't changed hardware and don't require specific BIOS settings, we suggest maintaining the stable BIOS version without the need for an update.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

I have Kingston KF552C40BBK2-32 and ist on the QVL list.

Settings on AI-Overklock are standart, only using XMP II profile.

Tried both XMP I and XMP II, both only working in lower speed @ 4800

Not changend any Hardware parts. With raising some volt parameters i was able to run @ 5200 but dont like to figure around after every bios update. So i did a rollback to 2802 bios and it runn fine again on XMP II without figure around.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Caberhagen 

Thank you for your response.
If you do not require the use of specific features in the BIOS or any changes to the hardware components, we would recommend maintaining the stable version of the BIOS without the need for an update.

Thank you.