cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Asus going to provide a fix for the BIOS LogoFail vulnerability?

PerpetualCycle
Level 13

Title says it all. I see other gaming motherboard manufacturers have already provided BIOS updates.

I am running a Maximus Hero III Z590

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
23 REPLIES 23

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @PerpetualCycle 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 
I am currently checking with the relevant department regarding this issue. 

We appreciate your patience in advance.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

It would be extremely helpful if we could get some kind of official list of affected mainboards and whether or not a patch is planned. I have many different models of ASUS mainboard, I don't want to enquire separately about each individual type.

I believe it is any Asus motherboard. Any that you can change the bootup logo at least.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

I assumed as much; although my issue is knowing which boards I should expect a patch for, and which I should tackle with UEFITool or something. I have a rather large amount of ASUS devices out in the field to be concerned about.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13

I looked at the ROG Hero Z690 and z790 support pages and there is a bios update for logfail. These BIOS were released 12/22/2023 and 12/29/2023.  Nnone of the Z590 motherboards have BIOS updates with logfail fixed.  When are we (z590)  going to get  new BIOS that address the logfail vulnerability?  It has been a month since the z7790 and z690 got theirs.

Hello, @PerpetualCycle 

I PMed you at the same time yesterday.
Could you please check your inbox in the top right corner? 

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

@Jiaszzz_ROG

When are we going to get an official BIOS with the Logofail fix on the support pages for z590 and z490  motherboards?

TIA

Hello, @PerpetualCycle 

I have updated our PM conversation; please check and confirm when you have a moment. 

Thank you.

pamcarvalho
Level 8

Calma ....

Não há indicação de que as vulnerabilidades do LogoFAIL tenham sido ativamente exploradas na vida real por invasores, e é improvável que isso seja conhecido, uma vez que a infecção é muito difícil de detectar usando ferramentas e métodos tradicionais. Entretanto, uma indicação de comprometimento pode ser obtida examinando o arquivo de imagem que é analisado durante o download. Se o hash criptográfico deste arquivo for diferente do hash do arquivo que os fabricantes de dispositivos normalmente fornecem gratuitamente, o dispositivo poderá ser analisado posteriormente em busca de sinais de exploração.

vejam o link Bilhões de computadores em todo o mundo estavam vulneráveis ​​a hackers de inicialização – por meio ... 

Vale a pena a leitura