cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i7-12900kf + z690: cpu load fail in intel diagnostic tool

Mateusomattos
Level 7

I have a Z690 TUF and an i7 12900KF and every time I run the intel diagnostic tool, the cpu load fails. When I deactivate Intel Turbo Boost (under Advanced > CPU config > CPU Power control), the test no longer fails (but the clock speeds don't reach the maximum, obviously). The temperatures are normal (both with Intel Turbo Boost activated and deactivated) and the power supply has no problems. Has anyone experienced this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Mateusomattos 

May I inquire about the current motherboard you are using, whether it is the TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS, TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4, or TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI?
Could you kindly confirm the current BIOS version and check if, under clear CMOS or default BIOS settings, the Intel Diagnostic Tool can be executed successfully, yielding the corresponding results?
Furthermore, please check if a BIOS update is necessary and ensure that your PSU can adequately support your current hardware configuration.

If the issue persists, please provide screenshots of the relevant tests and results from the Intel Diagnostic Tool and kindly assist in confirming the following details:
- the current BIOS version, the images of the BIOS main page and setting in BIOS, or whether it is the default
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, DRAM (part number as well), and PSU currently installed
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂