Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a motherboard without a sticker on the box and questionable signs

adrifoxbg
Level 9

Hello, a while ago I wrote about a HERO motherboard with bent pins
I had to buy a new DARK HERO motherboard
It arrived very quickly, but there was no sticker on the box
The HERO motherboard was also missing, but at least there were no signs to worry about.
The sticker on the socket cap is not stuck properly
One of the USB ports is a bit strange, there is resistance when plugging in a USB device.
Today I accidentally found out that the BIOS battery is not KTS but DBV
I don't know anything about this battery and as far as I know it is officially used KTS by ASUS
The motherboard had stickers on the board itself
The warranty is active and valid on the ASUS website, but again with some questions.

Purchase Date : 2024-03-16

Warranty : Valid until 2027-01-18

Start date: 2024-01-19 - by whom ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

Based on your description, may I confirm if the motherboard in question is the same as the one discussed in the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO USB3 PORT thread?
If so, we recommend reaching out to the original seller or dealer promptly for further post-sale assistance.
Furthermore, I have updated our PM discussion. If necessary, please provide the SN of the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO to me via PM.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

Based on your description, may I confirm if the motherboard in question is the same as the one discussed in the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO USB3 PORT thread?
If so, we recommend reaching out to the original seller or dealer promptly for further post-sale assistance.
Furthermore, I have updated our PM discussion. If necessary, please provide the SN of the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO to me via PM.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

They even apologized to me.Because what is seen, words are superfluous.
Another thing bothers me, I asked to buy the same board from other stores, limited stock and still some from China 09 2023 California proposition 65, same sticker that I returned to RMA
Why is all this happening?

I'm really disappointed...

If a product is presented by a manufacturer in one way, even if the battery brand is different, it is a deviation from the norms, especially if it is scratched and has signs of use

Also, in my personal opinion, I believe that Vietnam produces better quality products, and I found out that 80% of the production is from China

Nothing personal against China, I know they have the potential for much more production, but I know there are quality levels there as well

I wanted something newer with a production date and country, but apparently I have no choice.

I hope everything is fine now
I bet on buying from your official distributor
Some accessories were missing from the box but details...
They delivered them to me afterwards.
I wish I could purchase a product directly from you, but unfortunately that is not possible

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

As we are unsure about the channels or platforms through which you made your purchase, it is recommended that you reach out to the retailer if you have specific requirements.
Additionally, please note that the warranty period may vary depending on your region, and for further details, please refer to the Motherboard Limited Warranty Policy.

Thank you.