cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper m.2 x16 card v2

jcpancha
Level 7

Hi all

Hope someone can help me. Got a pc with below config and just installed and HYPER M.2 X16 card V2 with 2units of Samsung 990. The PC recognizes one of them, oddly enough on the slot 2 but not the one on the slot 1.  The card is installed on the second PCI express slot. Any thing that i need to activate? I've had a look on the bios after reading some posts and my board only show one "PCIEX16_1 Bandwidth Bifurcation..."

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D / TUF GAMING X570-PLUS / 64GB RAM DDR4 / GEFORCE 4070 TI / 2SSD+4M2

Any idea of what i might be doing wrong, or maybe may board doesn't support this

Thanks in advance. Cheers

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @jcpancha 

Could you verify if only one of the Samsung 990 installed on the Hyper M.2X16 is recognized in the BIOS/system, while the other Samsung 990 is not?
Is the Hyper M.2X16 (with two Samsung 990s) installed in the PCIEX16_1 slot on the motherboard, and is the GEFORCE 4070 TI installed in the PCIEX16_2 slot?

We recommend referring to the instructions in [Motherboard] Compatibility of PCIE bifurcation between Hyper M.2 series Cards and Add-On Graphic Ca... to further confirm if your current setup is correct.
Additionally, based on the hardware configuration you provided, it seems that you have installed "2SSD+4 M.2", could you please confirm the connection method for the "2 SSDs"?
Please be aware that the maximum support for M.2 SSDs may vary depending on different CPUs: 

Thank you.