cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off memory isolation Asus B550m-a

Jimthenagual
Level 7

I'm trying to use an older racing wheel on windows 11. It says I have to turn off memory isolation. I don't have that option in windows, as I get the message that it's not available. In the Microsoft forum, the solution says to do the following, but I can't find any of these options in my bios. Can anyone help me with this? The instructions are as follows:

1. Go into BIOS

2. Select Troubleshoot

3. Select Advanced options

4. Select UEFI Firmware Settings

5. Click Restart

6. Select BIOS Setup

7. Use the arrow keys to elect the 'Configuration' Tab

8.  Select 'Virtualization Technology'

9. Select 'Enable'

10. Press F10 to save the settings and exit BIOS Setup

(Your computer will restart for new setting to take effect. The ‘core isolation’ option will now be available in Windows Security -> Device security.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jimthenagual 

If you require information on Windows settings, may I inquire if Device protection in Windows Security can serve as a reference for your needs?
Could you please confirm if your BIOS is up to date with the latest version, 3205, released on September 1, 2023?
Also, where did you obtain the specific instructions you mentioned?
Please note that the BIOS settings may vary between different motherboard manufacturers. 
If needed, we recommend referring to the PRIME TUF GAMING B550/A520 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition ) for further clarification on relevant instructions.
For hardware compatibility concerns, you might consider enabling the "Launch CSM" setting in the BIOS.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Jimthenagual 

If you require information on Windows settings, may I inquire if Device protection in Windows Security can serve as a reference for your needs?
Could you please confirm if your BIOS is up to date with the latest version, 3205, released on September 1, 2023?
Also, where did you obtain the specific instructions you mentioned?
Please note that the BIOS settings may vary between different motherboard manufacturers. 
If needed, we recommend referring to the PRIME TUF GAMING B550/A520 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition ) for further clarification on relevant instructions.
For hardware compatibility concerns, you might consider enabling the "Launch CSM" setting in the BIOS.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂