cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help repairing storagedrive i edited with this POST ROG or ASUS PRIME motherboard IN THIS case ?

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Level 7

I believe i erased a a TOSHIBA HDWD110 model name 1TB SATA-III Type of device HDD storage drive with 1802 motherboard BIOS of a ROG MAXIMUS XI Gene Motherboard not located on Tool > Secure Erase option; option to erase that storage driveand if in that bios there is no that option i erased it in an ASUS PRIME B360M-C/CSM latest version motherboard bios when i had and user and administrator and user Mothertboard ´s BIOS´s password installed on my  ASUS PRIME B360M-C/CSM Motherboard ´s BIOS and i installed it in my pc when i had as my unique storage drive the storage device previously mentinoed in this POST i didn´t removed administrator and user password Mothertboard ´s BIOS´s password before erasing that drive in the software i said i did it; so using a pc with the first mentioned Motherboard how do i fix that storage drive ?

9 REPLIES 9

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Level 7

after i installed Windows Version 23H2 Compilation 22631.2428 in a pc with the storage drive i mentioned before in that OS when i open the " Disk Management " and i try to Initialize new disks that disk i get this error : " Data error (Cyclic redundancy check) how do i fix it ?

Hello, @QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ 

May I ask if you have executed the Secure Erase in the BIOS on the ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE or the ASUS PRIME B360M-C/CSM and are currently encountering a "Data error (Cyclic redundancy check)" error prompt during the formatting process?
As this error indication may suggest potential damage to your hard drive, we recommend cross-testing by connecting it to another motherboard and attempting the formatting process again.
If the issue persists, it is advisable to sent it for repair and further examination.

Thank you.

to erase the storage drive i mentioned in previous message i executed other option different from " Secure Erase" that let erase that storage drive to erase that storage drive in the 1802 BIOS´s version Mtoherboard ´s BIOS ROG MAXIMUS XI Gene Motherboard ´s BIOS 

is there another method to erase the previous messages storage device in the prevoiusly mentioned Motherboards{s BIOS orr in on if them ? tell me, and if there is another method to solve that issue if i erased the previously mentinoed storage device using the hypothetical methods you can use to erase the storage device as methods you can use as if th prevous question answer is yes using the metohds that lets that the answer to that question could be positive 

and when i said could be positive i refer that could be yes

and tell which could be that methods 

Hello, @QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ 

Could you please clarify whether you currently require data recovery or if there is a need to ensure the complete removal of data from the hard drive with a formatting requirement?
Please help specify the particular objectives you aim to achieve at this moment to help us better understand your situation.

Thank you.

i want to repair the hardrive for using it for all its functions 

Hello, @QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ 

We suggest you use CHKDSK to repair cyclic redundancy check errors, which is a tool designed to examine disk systems, provide error data reports, and subsequently correct various disk file system logic errors.
The operational steps are as follows:
1 .Click "Start" and locate "Search" to enter "cmd" to bring up the Command Prompt.
It is important to note that at this point, you must right-click on the Command Prompt icon and run CHKDSK with administrative privileges.
2. In the Command Prompt window, enter"chkdsk X:/F" and replace X with the drive you want to scan, and press Enter.
3. The CHKDSK tool will then automatically check for errors and attempt to repair them.
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue, we recommend cross-testing by connecting other hard drives or motherboards to isolate potential problems.
If necessary, we suggest sending the hard drive for further testing or repair.

Thank you.