cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU PCIE speed randomly boots Gen 3.0 / 1.1

B00nza
Level 9

Hi,

the GPU randomly boots with PCIE Gen 3.0 / 1.1, whereas 1.1 causes heavy stuttering and any graphic intense task causes the system to crash / reboot.

What I've tried so far:

- Cleaning / Reseating PCIE Slot

- Another GPU

- Manually set PCIE Gen to 4.0 in the BIOS

- Different CPU

- Different BIOS revisions (1709 - 1905)

The problem occurs with stock settings.

7800X3D, X670E Gene, 4090 2x16 GB A die

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @B00nza 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, adjusting the BIOS settings or connecting an external device
Kindly share the current full model number of the CPU and GPU you have installed and cross-tested, and confirm the question below:
- the images of BIOS mainpage and all the manually adjusting items in BIOS as attached, or whether it is the default

- the brand and model name of the RAM, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of the problem

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Thanks for reaching out @Jiaszzz_ROG

As @lordberti already stated, this seems to be an AGESA bug.

See this discussion: https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/gpu-pcie-speed-randomly-boots-gen-3-0-1-1/td-p/1005552

Thank you!

lordberti
Level 11

I've had the exact same problem for over a year. GPU PCIE sometimes only starts with 2.0 16x and goes down to 1.1 16x. The only thing that helps is a restart. I already reported it back then and Support said there was an error in the AGESA version and is checked. Unfortunately, this has not been fixed with any BIOS to date.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME | ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC | G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5N | WD Black SN850X | PHANTEKS Glacier One 360 T30 Gen2 | LG OLED42C27LA | Phanteks NV7 | Seasonic PRIME-TX-1300 | Windows 11 Pro.