cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Stupid

rlmbandit
Level 7

My system was built professionally for me in 2018, running immaculately and is as such:

• Bitfenix Aurora Case
  • ASUS ROG x399 Zenith Extreme ATX
  • AMD Threadripper 1950X
  • Corsair RM850X Gold Full Modular PSU
  • NVidia GTX 1070 8Gb
  • Premium 240mm Sealed Loop Cooler
  • 8x Corsair DDR4 16Gb 2666Ghz
  • WD Blue 250Gb SSD (boot drive)
  • WD Black 2Tb HDD

So, I had my case on the bed (I know) as I was getting the inventory of what cables I needed to install a 1Tb SSD (to replace my boot drive) and additional 3 x 10Tb Seagate BarraCuda Pro drives as my 2Tb is maxed out.

I'm know my SSD and 2Tb were taken out as I turned to my office desk to get a tool of some sort when I heard the case fall on the floor behind me (approximately 30").  This cannot be good. 

I did my running around and found out I had to order the parts so I put the system back together. 

No post. Ugh. Then I noticed a display on the USB port cover and it was displaying "Detect Memory". My immediate concern was the display was not clear (like those business signs with burnt out bulbs - see attached pics).

So far, I have removed the CMOS Battery and will leave it out, as I had researched online that this would help. I had left out out for 15 minutes (no change), 2 hours (no change) and now will leave it out overnight. Interesting that I was able to take the pictures without the CMOS battery - thought that would've provided an error.

Any other suggestions? 

20230325_163508~2.jpg

20230325_163520~2.jpg

20230325_163522~2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @rlmbandit .

Besides code 00, do you also have other problems, such as being unable to boot?
Please refer to the link below to check the CPU, memory, and graphics card for abnormalities that might result in the error code 00.
>> [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE(Error CODE) and Troubleshooting
If you are unable to boot, please refer to the following link.
It is also recommended that you test with minimal components, isolating the possible cause.
>> [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display

Meanwhile, please test with the memory models in the ROG Zenith Extreme QVL list to exclude compatibility issues.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Murph_9000
Level 14

It's possible that your CPU may have moved in the socket from the physical impact.  The Threadripper CPUs have a very specific mounting procedure which includes the use of a torque wrench, so you should be very cautious about it and probably rule out most other stuff first.  With such a huge CPU, the mounting pressure (set by the torque wrench) is particularly important.  Here's an official installation tutorial for them from AMD (removal should be the same procedure reversed, as far as I know):