cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code d6

CactusWithAbs
Level 8

iv built a new pc because my old pc was having the same issue. my old built was 

ASUS rog z590 e, i9-10900k, ASUS rog strix 3080 ti, Corsair rm850x, mp 400 and intel ssd 660p, corsair Icue h170i elite capellix aio cooler, corsair 7000x case. 

my new pc (these are all new parts) 

ASUS rog Maximus z690 Hero, i9-12900k, ASUS rog strix 3080 ti (replaced old one), Corsair rm1000x, Corsair mp 600 pro lxp, Icue h170i elite capellix aio (replaced old one) Corsair 7000x case is the same. 

after building my pc im still encountering d6 issues im not to sure what to do anymore. Updated bios through flash, reseated the gpu in all ports, changed all old wires to the psu. HDMI and display cable don’t work, only on mainboard but not through the gpu.

Please help been dealing with this for weeks

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @CactusWithAbs 

May I inquire if your current BIOS version is 3401, and if clearing CMOS has not resolved the issue?
The Intel platform motherboard displays Q-code D6, indicating an abnormality with the graphics card during the boot process.
Please refer to the "Troubleshootings for Graphic Card abnormal" section in [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE(Error CODE) and Troubleshooting.
Based on the information provided, may I ask if the same GPU was used in both the old build and the new PC?
Kindly try cross-testing with different PCIe slots or another GPU.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂