cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Channel doesnt work

ADRMALD
Level 7

i have: asus rog strix b550-f gaming motherboard and trident z neo ram 2x8gb, I have it placed in slot a2 and b2 of the board.

i have the lastest Bios update and the profile on bios to put 3600hz on... (D.C.O.P.)

the pins of my CPU are fine, the sockets pins are fine.

so, why i cant use the dual channel? i verify on cpu-z and still on single bank... can someone help me?

14 REPLIES 14

ADRMALD
Level 7

asus rog.png

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ADRMALD .

As we are unsure of the memory model you installed, kindly verify that it is on the QVL list for the ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING to guarantee that any compatibility concerns are eliminated.
Please also check the BIOS homepage to see whether dual-channel memory has been enabled, or enter Advanced mode > AMD CBS > NBIO Common Options > Memory Configuration > Channel Interleaving to set it.
If the above have been confirmed but still cannot run in dual channel, please help provide the following information:

- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and full model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

I followed the steps that you told me and I did not get the option "Memory Configuration > Channel Interleaving to set it." in the directory that you have told me, here are some screenshots of the options that appear to me.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 8.04.18 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 8.04.16 AM.jpeg

my gear:

mobo: asus rog strix b550-f

cpu: ryzen 7 5800x

gpu: amd rx480

ram: trident z neo 2x8gb cl16 3600hz

nvme: samsung evo 970 evo plus

psu: msi A750GF 80 gold plus certified.

BIOS ver: 3002 downloaded from asus rog main page.

my bios config its defaul, i just set on the DCOP to use the 3600hz of my ram...

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ADRMALD .

Could you please provide the full model name of the memory?
For example, G.SKILL F4-3600C19D-16GSXK 2x 8GB 3600 or G.SKILL F4-3600C18D-16GTRS 2x 8GB 3600.

Thank you.

g.skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC 2x8gb 3600

ADRMALD
Level 7

i use windows 10 pro 64bits

ver 21H2 (compilation so 19044.2728)

ADRMALD
Level 7

also i watch this on a different directory... i dont touch nothing...WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 8.27.24 AM.jpeg

ADRMALD
Level 7

and this other...WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 8.36.31 AM.jpeg

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ADRMALD . Thank you for providing us with the information.

However, we still have some questions regarding the following points.
Could you please help us confirm them for clarification?
- How did you confirmed that the memory cannot use dual channel? Are there any abnormalities in usage?
- Was there an issue with dual channel before updating to BIOS 3002?
Can dual channel be operated with default BIOS settings?
- Were the BIOS settings configured with DOCP enabled and manual set to 3600MHz?
What is the frequency when directly enabled DOCP?

Thank you.