cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimm.2 riser problems on Maximus XII apex

K3N5T3R
Level 7

I have decided on adding additional storage to my PC build that I assembled in 2020 by utilizing the Dimm.2 riser and adding an1 TB NVME SSD m.2 on the DIMM.2_1 slot of the riser card. Unfortunately Nothing shows up on bios, no temperature read outs nor does it show up on windows. I had made sure to seat the riser properly and I have a red LED emitting from the riser card where the NVME is seated. I installed a Samsung 970 evo plus and should be compatible as it is the same model that I have loaded directly on the board on  the m.2_1 where I boot from. Any ideas on what I can do? I'm running on original BIOS version.  

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @K3N5T3R 

May I ask if removing the newly added 1 TB NVME SSD m.2 resolves the issue of being unable to boot?
Could you confirm your current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 2801 released on December 1, 2023, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking again.
Also, based on your description, is the red LED indicating an abnormality with the CPU the Q-LED indicator? 
If so, we recommend following the corresponding steps outlined in the [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators guide.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂