cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

d6 Error with new x670E Hero and 7800X3D

Bensirpent07
Level 8

I just bought a new MB, RAM, and CPU to upgrade my PC with. Practically a new build other than the cooler, GPU, and storage. I assembled everything without any hitches and went to boot. However, the boot seems to stop everytime with a d6 code along with white and green LEDs on the MB. Nothing shows up on the monitor at any point. 

I've tried flashing the BIOS to different versions and I've even tried booting without the GPU installed since the CPU as an iGPU and still received the same result. I'm at a bit of a loss at this point and looking towards making a warranty claim for a replacement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I ended up doing lots of troubleshooting trying to figure this issue out. Even with the graphics card uninstalled and my monitor directly plugged into the motherboard I still was receiving the same issue. That didn't make sense to me since this AMD chip has an iGPU. I double-checked all connections and ensured everything looked correct. I also tried many different BIOS versions that resulted in nothing. I ended up assuming it was an issue with the motherboard and submitted for a replacement.

However, as a last ditch resort, I attempted to use a different monitor (using the same exact HDMI cord). I was able to boot up normally.  Whether this is exactly what was causing the issue I can't guarantee 100% as I was changing a lot of variables all at once.

Everything now is working normally and it runs great. However, I am still unable to access the BIOS using the problem monitor. This was not an issue with my previous motherboard and CPU. In order to access the BIOS on the new MB and CPU, I have to plug in my other monitor since it seems to detect an output signal. My deduction is my problem monitor goes into power saving mode and doesn't wake up from that power saving mode from the BIOS screen output. Why that is, I don't know. But hopefully this helps someone who experiences the same issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Bensirpent07 

Regarding the AMD platform MB, the appearance of Q-Code "D6" during startup indicates an anomaly with the memory and GPU in the boot process.
Please refer to the guidelines in [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE (Error CODE) and Troubleshooting.
Regarding the Q-LED indicators, the yellow-green "BOOT Device" indicator lights on during startup, suggesting an issue with your boot device.
Please consult [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators for more steps.
Additionally, during PC assembly, we recommend verifying that all hardware and connections are correctly installed according to the instructions in the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO user manual.
If you require after-sales service, kindly contact your retailer or the original place of purchase for further assistance.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

I ended up doing lots of troubleshooting trying to figure this issue out. Even with the graphics card uninstalled and my monitor directly plugged into the motherboard I still was receiving the same issue. That didn't make sense to me since this AMD chip has an iGPU. I double-checked all connections and ensured everything looked correct. I also tried many different BIOS versions that resulted in nothing. I ended up assuming it was an issue with the motherboard and submitted for a replacement.

However, as a last ditch resort, I attempted to use a different monitor (using the same exact HDMI cord). I was able to boot up normally.  Whether this is exactly what was causing the issue I can't guarantee 100% as I was changing a lot of variables all at once.

Everything now is working normally and it runs great. However, I am still unable to access the BIOS using the problem monitor. This was not an issue with my previous motherboard and CPU. In order to access the BIOS on the new MB and CPU, I have to plug in my other monitor since it seems to detect an output signal. My deduction is my problem monitor goes into power saving mode and doesn't wake up from that power saving mode from the BIOS screen output. Why that is, I don't know. But hopefully this helps someone who experiences the same issue.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Bensirpent07 

I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the problem.
If you encounter any further difficulties or have any concerns, please feel free to start another discussion thread or PM me anytime.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂