Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VII Hero (WIFI) no RGB. Anything else working

apiru
Level 7

Hello guys

I am a bit frustrated right now. 
My Crosshair VII Hero (WIFI) works completely fine BUT there is no onboard RGB anymore.

What I tested so far:
- Reinstalling Armoury Crate
- Reinstalling Windows?
- Updating BIOS to the newest version (5302)
- Flashing back to an older version (2901)
- clear CMOS
- disassemble all hardware but the CPU & PSU

For all the steps listed above the RGB wasnt working. GPU, RAM, CPU-FAN RGB are all working fine.
BIOS settings for RGB are all set to on. 
Armoury Crate lists the board as RGB device, but changes wont light it up as well.

Support says RGB lights seem to be broken, but I am pretty sure they have worked some weeks ago and since then I didn't change anything apart from installing iCue for my RAM.

Saw some people saying that I should uninstall Aura/Armoury Crate but actually the board should have RGB even without drive or CPU if motherboard is powered. 

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @apiru 

Thank you for providing a detailed account of the situation and the troubleshooting steps you have taken.
As you mentioned, typically, once the motherboard is correctly connected to the power supply and there is power, RGB lighting should be visible even if the system is not powered on.
Since you have attempted BIOS updates and booting with default BIOS settings without resolving the issue, we would recommend reaching out to the original point of purchase to arrange for further diagnostics and potential repairs.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂