cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes in games with 4090 and ryzen 7000 x3d with fortnite, apex...war thunder..and x670e STUF ASUS

willimon25
Level 9

Hello good afternoon I have experienced crashes in games like fortnite, apex, war thunder among others with the 4090 and the ryzen 7900x 3D my configuration is on an asus x670e stuf board I have proceeded to do the following to rule out failures:

-1º temperatures below 50 degrees both in graphics and cpu and other components (at start of the game the cpu reaches 80 but drops to 60-50 later).
-2º Reinstallation of the W11 PRO OS and reinstallation of the games but the problem persists.
-3º when reinstalling the nvidia drivers it throws me the smite but the apex crashes and vice versa, I can't get it to not crash two games in a row after reinstalling graphics drivers. (It's funny that after reinstalling graphics drivers I get the apex or smite to not crash, but when I start the other one it crashes, we may have a clue here)

-4º in other games like farcry etc. the game does not crash

-5º coincidentally the games that crashes are those that have the epic games anti cheat implemented (I suppose it will be coincidence)

The bios is in version 1618, the nvidia drivers are the latest ones that are updated, the OS is updated, everything is reinstalled and I even deactivate antivirus and application control in case it could be an interference problem with the anticheat, but since it is a game crash when starting I suppose it will be from graphics drivers,

The crash pattern is common in all games, the anticheat starts, the game starts, the game loads and once loaded it closes itself, in some games like Fortnite it closes while the connecting circle rotates.

I already tried to disable firewall and antivirus and reinstall everything in addition to file verification etc.

From the bios the secure boot from windows is set and everything is well configured, the only thing that I have set is a tdp of 120w and a negative curve to the processor of 20 in all processors, but it is to decrease the temperature of the cpu and I doubt that be that.

Cinebench and full mark pass without fail plus 3Dmark passes all tests.

temperatures:

https://imgur.com/a/vAJESs9

System Settings:

https://imgur.com/a/yWmEkfx

Let's see if someone can decipher the reason for the crashes because I already tried everything, the source is 1000W, the ram at 6000mhz 2x16g (32g in total).

2 REPLIES 2

willimon25
Level 9

I started fortnite from epic games (not from the icon) and it ran fine, I have found a pattern in the games where it crashes and closes at startup and I think it may be a combination of graphics drivers + graphics settings, since When I start one of the games mentioned that crashes, the icons on the left monitor disappear (I have two monitors), but when the game is not going to crash, this does not happen, these icons disappear from the desktop, possibly due to the resolution at which the game starts that is different from the monitor and it may be there that can cause a conflict with the graphic driver

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @willimon25 

May I ask if you are using the TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS or TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI motherboard?
Is the situation you described occurring after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
When you mention "crash," are you referring to a blue screen, an automatic restart, or any other scenario? Does it only happen during gaming?
If you clear the CMOS and leave the BIOS in its default settings without making any adjustments, does the crash still occur?
Could you also share the following details?
- the GPU driver version and VBIOS version
- the brand, model name, and part number of the DRAM currently installed
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- the circumstances and frequency of problem

Thank you.