Level 7

Hello!

So long story short, my current system setup is as the following

- Zenith Extreme Alpha

- Threadripper 2990WX

- 8 x 3200 mHz stick

- 2080 Super

- Bios with XMP active, at 3200 speed

Since clean installing windows i've been getting random BSOD. After some readin it seems like i should have set my RAM speed at 3000mHz max (board support up to 2933), in order to achieve a stable system?

Any pointers or suggestion as to how/what speed i should set this to, and what is the likely cause (if not this) of the BSOD?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi CheeChee,

If combining memory kits you'll likely need to engage in the task of manually tuning voltage, frequency and timings. There are no 8 DIMM kits at that frequency.

If combining memory kits, remove one kit and retest.

See QVL here for kits validated by ASUS. Please note that XMP/DOCP is overclocking and as such the QVL acts as a guideline and does not accommodate for variance between parts. I would recommend opting for an 8 DIMM kit at least 3 ratios below maximum validation in this case to ensure the best chance of "plug and play" overclocking.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi CheeChee,

If combining memory kits you'll likely need to engage in the task of manually tuning voltage, frequency and timings. There are no 8 DIMM kits at that frequency.

If combining memory kits, remove one kit and retest.

See QVL here for kits validated by ASUS. Please note that XMP/DOCP is overclocking and as such the QVL acts as a guideline and does not accommodate for variance between parts. I would recommend opting for an 8 DIMM kit at least 3 ratios below maximum validation in this case to ensure the best chance of "plug and play" overclocking.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hello!

Thank you! didnt know such thing exist! Guess will need to return some, and get new sticks