cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer crash. Then Error code 00 with no display

Pokemypanda
Level 7

So I have recently started  having a problem where my computer will crash and black screen. If I turn it back on, it will give me error code 00 on my motherboard. The front fans and the back fan won’t run. The two cpu fans however are running. Sometimes after unplugging the tower, turning it back on, and sometimes having to try this over and over until it does decide to boot up. But then it will shut off again and black screen randomly. Idk exactly if it’s a motherboard problem, or a cpu problem, or something else.

I have a windows 10. Intel i7. Asus maximus hero vii motherboard.

7 REPLIES 7

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Pokemypanda 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
On Intel motherboards, the error code "00" indicates a CPU abnormality.
Please refer to the Troubleshootings for CPU abnormal section in [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE(Error CODE) and Troubleshooting to attempt troubleshooting.
Additionally, we recommend trying to clear the CMOS and then rebooting to confirm further.

Thank you.

I replaced the power supply and graphics card the first week of April. Other than that, nothing.

I had it running for about 40minutes yesterday and then it crashed to black screen.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Pokemypanda 

May I ask what is your current BIOS version?
Did you update the BIOS and perform a clear CMOS after changing the hardware?
We suggest referring to the above FAQs for troubleshooting steps before proceeding.

Thank you.

I can say I definitely didn’t do either of those things. Where do I find the instructions to do those two things? Also, Last I checked it said the copy right was 2013 in the bios. It worked perfectly fine from April till the start of June. Why would it act up now? It’d be awesome if I can figure it out so I don’t need to build a new pc 😛

Im smart with building computers, but any software stuff I’m completely clueless. 😞

thanks for your help by the way! I really appreciate it!

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Pokemypanda 

Regarding the BIOS, you can visit the following link or search for MAXIMUS VII HERO> support > MANUAL & Document on the official website to download the user manual and check the BIOS section.
MAXIMUS VII HERO - support page
For the BIOS version, you can press and hold the delete key or F2 key to enter the BIOS and then check the BIOS homepage.
Additionally, the following FAQs may be helpful to you.
[Motherboard] How to update BIOS of the motherboard ?(Include different generation CPU)
[Motherboard/Desktop] How to restore BIOS setting?
[Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display
How to clear CMOS?

Thank you.

Update on progress.. I updated the bios and cleared the CMOS. Problem still persists.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Pokemypanda 

May I ask if you have followed each step provided in [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display, including "Test with minimal components" and isolating the possible cause?
If possible, we would recommend cross-testing other cables or individual hardware components, such as the monitor.
If you have completed all the suggested troubleshooting steps mentioned in the FAQs and are still unable to boot or have no display, we would suggest contacting ASUS service center to arrange for repair.

Thank you.