cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMOS BATTERY

adrifoxbg
Level 9

Hi, I have a bit of a silly question
What is the difference in the battery brand of a new motherboard?

Officially it should be KTS, but actually it is DBV

What is the reason for this difference?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

May I ask what is the current model of the motherboard and whether you are experiencing any issues during use?

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO 

Part. No. 90MB1F90 - MOEAYO

2023 - 09 China

I have no problem with the battery brand, batteries a lot, brands too
Just curious, why is it not KTS?

The official battery is this one
It is hardly worn out in 1 year to have to be replaced, and it is a new motherboard
I'm concerned that it hasn't gone through a product RMA

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

The brand of the motherboard's CMOS battery may vary depending on the model, production batch, and manufacturing location.
If you need to check whether the motherboard has any repair records at the ASUS official service center, kindly DM me the MB serial number and invoice or proof of purchase, as this is personal information and should not be disclosed publicly.
I will look up the relevant records for you.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Everything has been checked and meets the warranty conditions until 2027
I will speak directly and honestly.
My concerns are related to the origin of this product
The box was not in perfect condition.
Accessories such as ROG VIP card and Fan holder were missing
The battery is some other brand, and I returned the same product from another store because of a scratched battery and signs of use, the date of manufacture and country were the same.
When I contacted your official distributor for Bulgaria, they offered me a product from the same date and country, the battery was not scratched, but there were things missing.
The box clearly says California Proposition 65
All this is no problem if the originality of my product is proven and legitimate, which is correct with a serial number.

The battery is working fine
I've seen it on the same motherboards on YouTube reviews
My concerns are not about the brand of the battery, but about the origin of the product

But if you claim that ASUS officially puts such batteries on desktop motherboards, then there is no problem, it is clearly a product intended for another country or the USA

All this is based on the fact that I pay money for something new that I demand to be in perfect condition, but it is not
I probably paid the highest price on the market for this product at your distributor and still I am not impressed.

I also own a HERO motherboard made in Vietnam, everything there is in excellent condition and quality without any complaints.
But apparently one of the repair shops has bent the pins of the socket even though it works
But I have a direct basis of comparison between the two products

As you can tell I am very "happy" With two motherboards, one is in the box and the other is now in use.
Not to mention the exchange rate here 2 to 1, I actually paid 1800 BGN Bulgarian levs which is about 900 euros
Everything should be more than perfect, but...

I am definitely considering purchasing a product directly from your online store in the future

And I'm sorry if I'm a little straight, I just wasted a lot of money and nerves on stupid things

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

We value your devotion to and support for ASUS.
Based on your previous description, there are currently no issues reported with your usage.
We also welcome you to provide product information and purchase proof via PM for further inquiries into your product's records.
Furthermore, if you have any concerns regarding the accessories and specifications of recently purchased products, please contact the retailer promptly for consultation or to arrange post-sale assistance.

Thank you.