cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDFS remove

the_mm_adi
Level 7

I have a Asus ROG drivers USB flash drive. I need to repartition it isn’t possible?
I have tried lot of softwares but nothing works!

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @the_mm_adi .

May I ask if you are facing problems when formatting the USB flash drive?
Could you please provide a more detailed description of the issue and specify the methods you have attempted but were unsuccessful at?

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

I got a flash drive with asus motherboard including drivers and utilities. Total storage of the drive is 32GB but there is two partitions. One is 24GB that I can use as normal but there is another partition which is above 4GB unfortunately that one I can’t format. That’s shown as a CD partition.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @the_mm_adi 

Based on your description, the drive may have a virtual CD-ROM partition with some default content.
Please refer to the steps below and note that they might completely erase your USB drive, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding.

1. Insert the USB drive and ensure that your computer recognizes it as a usable disk.
  2. Open the "Disk Management" tool by pressing the Win + X keys in Windows and selecting "Disk Management."
  3. In Disk Management, you should see your USB drive, which may have two partitions: one as the CD-ROM partition and the other as the available storage partition.
  4. Right-click on the CD-ROM partition and select "Delete Volume" to remove that partition.
  5. After deleting the CD-ROM partition, you should see an unallocated area on the USB drive.
  6. Right-click on the unallocated area and select "New Simple Volume."
  7. Follow the on-screen prompts to set the size, file system type (such as NTFS, FAT32, etc.), and volume label for the new volume.
  8. Once the wizard is completed, the system will start formatting your USB drive and create a new storage partition.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂