cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ASUS UEFI BIOS For DIY Motherboards Allow Configuring System Information Like Pre-Built Machines

achugh
Level 12

Dear Support,

I have ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO Motherboard on BIOS 1302 (latest at the time of this message). I would like the ASUS UEFI development team to give consumers like me the ability to fill in the system information so that we can personalize our DIY machines. I am referring to BIOS returning the following information

achugh_0-1719353506378.png

As you can see in the above screenshot, SystemFamily, SystemProductName, SystemSKU and SystemVersion are not returned by BIOS hence Windows is setting these default values.

If we now look at https://www.asus.com/me-en/support/faq/1042613/ FAQ page, here we have adeb6b31-b020-4985-b015-e7f1ca6fe59e

image which has a section for PROPERTY. I would love this section being made available for DIY motherboards that maps to the above mentioned data fields in Windows so that we can personalize our DIY machines like a prebuilt machine coming from a large OEM like ASUS laptops etc.

Disclaimer: I am not an ASUS support person so my information may be incomplete. Always follow official documentation and material provided by ASUS representatives.

INTEL i9-14900K / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 192GB (4x48GB) 5200 CAS38 / ROG Z790 DARK HERO / ROG TUF GAMING RTX 4090 OC / ProArt PA-602 Case / SEASONIC PRIME TX-1300 ATX 3.0 / CORSAIR MP700 PRO 2TB PCIe Gen5 / CRUCIAL T500 2TB PCIe Gen4 / EIZO CG2700X
3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @achugh 

May I ask if you prefer to customize the content filled in with the system information?
Could you please provide the current Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build version, and are all hardware specifications consistent with those provided in your other discussion thread?

Different products, models, or BIOS versions may have slight interface variations or functions when setting boot device priorities in the BIOS.
If you have specific requirements for boot device priorities, please refer to "[Motherboard] How to set the boot device priorities on the motherboard" or consult page 100 of the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO BIOS manual for guidance.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

achugh
Level 12

Hi @Jiaszzz_ROG 

May I ask if you prefer to customize the content filled in with the system information?

Sorry, I DO NOT want to fill the content with System Information as it is already done by the BIOS which can be seen in my picture of the REGISTRY that shows all the motherboard relevant information is already returned by UEFI BIOS to Windows.

FEATURE REQUEST FROM ME

is to add a new section in the UEFI where a customer like me can add new/additional information to my liking. I can put in any information here that will then be sent to the appropriate Windows data fields. The ASUS UEFI BIOS Development team can by default continue to send the current information when these new data fields are blank (or in other words not set by the customer) just to maintain backwards compatibility to what Windows get it from BIOS. This is so that Windows license activation system does not all of a sudden thinks that the installation has moved to a new machine and inactivates the license temporarily. This license issue is an extreme edge case which I do not believe should happen but I am erroring on the side of caution here as the worst case scenario.

HOW I WOULD USE THE NEW INFORMATION

If given the ability to set missing fields I would set them as follows:

SystemFamily: ACHUGH
SystemProductName:
Custom Build 3
SystemSKU:
PA-602
SystemVersion: 2024-03

to personalize my this particular setup. In this example, I am putting my name for System Family to indicate this build was done by me. The System Product Name refers to which build I have created so that I can keep track of my builds. The System SKU in the example is the CASE I used for this built which in this example is the ASUS ProArt PA-602 so I only typed PA-602. In the System Version I typed the date when this machine was built as a quick reference.

There are lots of different ways these fields can be used to fill in information for people who build machines regularly so this information can be filled differently as well. It will be up to the end customer type data they like to send to Windows.

I believe your 2nd half of request regarding build and hardware information and Boot Configuration is regarding my other post at https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-motherboards/z790-dark-hero-bios-1302-logo-patch-bsod-with-mult... so I will refer your message in this post and respond here just so that we keep these thread  connected to the relevant post so as not to cause confusion for us or other people searching for same information.

Disclaimer: I am not an ASUS support person so my information may be incomplete. Always follow official documentation and material provided by ASUS representatives.

INTEL i9-14900K / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 192GB (4x48GB) 5200 CAS38 / ROG Z790 DARK HERO / ROG TUF GAMING RTX 4090 OC / ProArt PA-602 Case / SEASONIC PRIME TX-1300 ATX 3.0 / CORSAIR MP700 PRO 2TB PCIe Gen5 / CRUCIAL T500 2TB PCIe Gen4 / EIZO CG2700X

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @achugh 

We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback regarding our product. 
Your suggestions have been forwarded to the relevant teams for careful consideration and will serve as important input for potential future updates.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂