cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new crosshair x670 extreme not booting getting stuck on memory test

Mahdee
Level 7

Hi I’m helping my brother build his first computer and we ran into an issue of not getting it to boot. It’s a crosshair extreme x670 with a Ryzen 9 7950X3D and 32gb or trident z ddr5 6000. The ram is xmp but it should still work as it is brand new. Steps we have taken. Updated bios. Reseated ram. Disconnected all hard drives and gpu. Cleared cmos. Reseated processor. It has been throwing up a couple sold different codes. I’ve gotten memory code 00, code d6, code d7. VGA light on when no gpu is installed, etc. motherboard and processor and memory are all brand new. Should you get D.C.O.P. Ram? Or did I just get a dud? Suspecting we got a doa motherboard but I’ve read forums where even a new motherboard didn’t fix the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Mahdee 

Please confirm the abnormal issues indicated by D6 and 00 for AMD motherboards in [Motherboard] Common Q-CODE(Error CODE) and Troubleshooting.
And refer to [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators to troubleshoot the VGA Q-LED light issue.
Meanwhile, we suggest you refer to [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display and test with minimal components to isolate the possible cause.

Thank you.

Darox
Level 9

Try 1 Memory stick to boot up and it will