cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B760-I M.2 Sata Adapter

bstrick1
Level 7

Having issues with M.2 Sata Adapter with ROG STRIX B760-I Gaming Wifi .  Updated BIOS.  When Adapter is added computer will get stuck with green light and will not boot to bios menu.  taking Adapter out the computer boots as normal.  Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @bstrick1 

Regarding the M.2 SATA adapter, may I inquire if it is currently installed in the PCIEX16 (G5) slot?
If you try installing the SSD in the motherboard's M.2 slot separately, is it able to boot properly?
What is the bios version? Has it been updated to the latest version 1604?
Concerning the green light, are you referring to the Q-LED indicator light that represents the Boot Device?
If so, we recommend referring to the corresponding section in [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

I currently have a 1TB M.2 installed in M.2_2 Slot.  The adapter in question is installed in M.2_1 Slot. 

M.2 Sata Adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/ORICO-Adapter-Desktop-Support-RAID-PM2TS6/dp/B09N34NKT1/ref=sr_1_19?crid=1JPF...

Nothing installed in the PCIEX16 (G5) slot.  Bios is version 1604.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @bstrick1 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.
Based on your response, we suggest cross-testing with another M.2 SATA adapter or installing a SATA device separately to further isolate potential hard drive issues.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂