cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B450-F Gaming Start Up Issues

IronmanSubie
Level 7

So an odd issue has occurred, I built a mining rig about 2 years ago, and turned it off last August. Everything has always worked out of the gate, upon powering it back on, the system attempts to start Windows and freezes. So I did the usual thing, reset CMOS, CLR pins, some basic troubleshooting but not able to get the system into Windows, I can't even get the system to install Windows to a new harddrive, confused.

I am able to go into BIOS with no issue, I even rolled back a few BIOS updates to see if the latest was causing some weird glitch but the same issue, QLED lights indicate no problems. I have basically stripped the PC down the bare essentials but when it goes and you see the Windows logo and clockwise indicator it simply freezes midway and goes no further.

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @IronmanSubie 

May I ask if the issue of being unable to boot into the system occurs after two years of use and the first shutdown?
Based on your description, does the freezing occur during the boot process at the "start windows" stage, with no further response, and also prevent the installation of Windows onto a new SSD?
We recommend removing all SSDs and HDDs and installing only a new drive as the system disk, then following the steps outlined in "[Windows 11/10] How to create and use installation media to reinstall Windows 11/10 via USB drive."
Additionally, could you confirm your current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 5302 released on November 10, 2023, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking again.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂