cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding compatibility (or any) issues on Crosshair X670E Hero

Chaoson
Level 7

Hey there,

after weeks of racking my brain with my new PC upgrade I've decided to write here since I'm 90% sure that X670E Hero is probably least problematic of the X670E boards available right now. However I do still have some concerns that I need help in resolving or reassuring that they are non-issue.

So first up the spec:
CPU: Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOBO: Crosshair X670E Hero
RAM: 2 kits of Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 (CMT32GX5M2B6000Z30K), total 64GB and I think it's QVL certified
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage: 1x Corsair MP700 Pro 1TB // 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB (already have those)
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift (already have it)

Yes, I know it's overkill. I do some light productivity tasks and I play a lot on a 4K display. I know I could go with 7800X3D, but I don't want to. I upgrade my whole system every 4-5 years, always went overkill and always have had a good experience. Not gonna change that now. 

MOBO needs to have S/PDIF and two front USB 3 connectors, so I can't really go with Strix E-E and anything lower.
I generally sifted through all available X670E MOBOs and like Hero most, however here start my concers:

1. Voltagegate - I assume though that this can be qualified as a non issue for quite some time? Do correct me if I'm wrong.
2. RAM - I know AM5 is very picky when it comes to more than 2 sticks. Dominator Plat is listed as certified for the Hero and I know it's single rank, though I'm not overly familiar with the concept so I don't know if that means I'm going to be able to get everything working with 4 sticks (to be clear two kits of dual channel, exactly the one listed above). Though I'm also curious if Dominator Titanium would work (same config) since it's not listed as compatible at all.
3. M.2 - To be honest I would get Aorus Master, however I've read that configs with same number of M.2s as I plan to put in the system, tend to cause quite a few issues. How is it on the Hero? Obviusly I'm putting the Gen5 drive (if it's compatible) in appropiate slot and those Samsung twins I was planning to stick in the bottom right slots on the board. Are there any issues with such configs? 
4. QC - Altough I myself am a long time fan of Asus, I've heard and read recently that the quality control really fell down. Can anyone confirm or deny from their own experience? Especially if they had a multitude of boards for example - that would be extremely helpful.

Apologies for this long post. I just spent so much time last few weeks on prepping for this build, that I am at such a loss that I started considering Intel, since it seems to be trouble free atm. 
Any help would be immensely appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Chaoson 

May I ask if you have purchased the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO, CPU, RAM, and GPU yet?
Regarding the configurations you've listed, the CMT32GX5M2B6000Z30K memory seems not included in the QVL of the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO

Please consult the part numbers listed in the QVL when selecting memory to ensure compatibility and stability.
Additionally, we do not recommend mixing DIMMs from different memory kits, even if they are of the same brand and model.
For further guidance, you can refer to the instructions provided in [Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List? and "purchasing and installation guide" on the official website support page > CPU/Memory Support > Memory / Device Support page.

Meanwhile, we have discussions on your topic in ROG Discussions > HARDWARE & BUILD ADVICE.
I may relocate your post to the proper category if you'd like.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Chaoson 

May I ask if you have purchased the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO, CPU, RAM, and GPU yet?
Regarding the configurations you've listed, the CMT32GX5M2B6000Z30K memory seems not included in the QVL of the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO

Please consult the part numbers listed in the QVL when selecting memory to ensure compatibility and stability.
Additionally, we do not recommend mixing DIMMs from different memory kits, even if they are of the same brand and model.
For further guidance, you can refer to the instructions provided in [Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List? and "purchasing and installation guide" on the official website support page > CPU/Memory Support > Memory / Device Support page.

Meanwhile, we have discussions on your topic in ROG Discussions > HARDWARE & BUILD ADVICE.
I may relocate your post to the proper category if you'd like.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂