Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio buzz and noise on Asus Z690 Hero

wasakiqwe
Level 7

Couldn't fix it after installing New window 10 /11

reset Bios, update all drivers.

So Don't know what to do? I'm using front audio on the case.

9 REPLIES 9

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @wasakiqwe .

Since I'm not sure what the abnormal sound you described is, could you provide a video containing the sound?
May I ask if the abnormal sound occurs when headphones or external speakers are connected?
Does the sound occur in a specific situation, such as while watching YouTube or playing a specific game, or does it occur immediately after booting up?

Thank you.

it's well known issue many reports before so I can't hear any YouTube video because of the high pitch noise.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @wasakiqwe .

Sorry, we still don't quite understand your current question and situation.
It is recommended that you reinstall the sound-related drivers to troubleshoot the abnormal sound.
Meanwhile, please help to confirm the problem mentioned earlier and provide the following information so that we can better understand your situation:
- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
Please share a video containing the abnormal sound.

Thank you.

Hi again, sorry I didn't respond I was busy with other things.

Yes the problem is realtek sound card on My Asus z690 hero still making loud noise.

Thanks

BIOS version: ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO BIOS 2602

CPU:12900k

DRAM: XPG Lancer DDR5 RGB 6000MHz

GPU: TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3080 V2 OC Edition.

PSU: NZXT C1000 PSU 

OC: Windows 10/11 tested on both Using different SSD.

I replaced PSU and RAM with new one but problem not solved.

I don't know what to do? I'm thinking to buy new motherboard.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @wasakiqwe 

According to the official website for the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO, a new BIOS version 2703 was released on August 17, 2023, and it requires an Intel ME update to version 16.1.27.2176.

We recommend updating your BIOS after completing the Intel ME update before proceeding with the BIOS update.
After the updates are complete, please clear the CMOS and persist under BIOS defaults, then check the issue again.
If you continue to experience abnormal sounds, kindly provide a detailed video recording of the issue, which will help us better understand your situation.

Thank you.

I ordered new 13700k to replace 12900k. Once I install everything will report back.

I don't know how to record the issue because it's on sound card realtek making unclear hum and unclear sound using headphones but I will try.

I did all the steps recommended. Nothing worked.

What is last solution I can do?

Please check this record: https://youtu.be/seMeJMkunss

Uploaded by Yoo Anto on 2023-08-29.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @wasakiqwe 

Thank you for the continuous updates. However, I wasn't able to identify any unusual sounds from the video you provided. 
Could you specify whether you were using speakers or headphones for playback? Are there unusual sounds when playing audio in any form?
Considering the impact on your daily usage and based on your previous description, if attempts to update or install drivers and reinstall Windows have not resolved the issue, we recommend reaching out to the ASUS repair center to further diagnose potential problems.

Thank you.