cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z690 Evangalion

Juanjuicy
Level 7

I keep getting 98 and D6 for codes. Will not boot. I thought it was dead until one day it turned on and worked. 

Until I was playing New Vegas and the display turned off. 

This is my second motherboard. All my parts are fine. I swapped everything around. 

The same issue that happened with my first motherboard happened to this one. 

It's so aggravating 

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Juanjuicy 

According to the Q-Code table in the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO EVA EDITION user manual, "98" indicates an issue with Console input devices connection, suggesting abnormal connections or malfunctions with the keyboard, mouse, or related hardware during the boot PSOT, resulting in the failure to boot.
Meanwhile, "D6" signifies that No Console Output Devices are found, indicating a boot failure due to abnormal connections with the graphics card or other hardware component during POST.

May I ask if you happen to use extension cables or adapters to connect the GPU?
Kindly refer to [Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display and testing with minimal components to isolate the possible cause.
And if you haven't updated the BIOS to the latest version 3501 released on April 24, 2024, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking again.
If necessary, please try a bare board test in an insulated environment and consult the user manual to ensure all hardware is properly installed.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂