cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 issue

sunfic
Level 7

I have exactly the same issue with this post: 

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-motherboards/thunderbolt-stopped-working-after-latest-motherboa...

My card has the SN start with M and I cannot use the card right now. 

It is really design issue and ASUS should recall all the old version ThunderboltEX 4. I just want to know how ASUS wants to solve this issue?  Should I ask for extended warranty?  

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @sunfic 

Could you please provide the current motherboard model and BIOS version?
We recommend updating the BIOS to the latest version and the ThunderboltEX 4 TB & PD Firmware to version 1.3 before checking if the issue persists.
If the problem remains, please provide a detailed description of the issue, including software and hardware specifications such as the CPU, GPU, PSU brands and models, BIOS version, and relevant screenshots of error messages for us to identify the problem further.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

the error message is exactly the same as the referred link:

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-motherboards/thunderbolt-stopped-working-after-latest-motherboa...

shown in the picture:

sunfic_0-1718744838018.png

I tried to update the firmware to the ThunderboltEX 4 TB and got exact the same results: 

sunfic_1-1718744976420.jpeg

per referred link discussion (ACCEPTED SOLUTION), the NVM cannot be upgraded for this version hardware: 

sunfic_2-1718745179810.png

My  ThunderboltEX 4 TB is exact follow the sn started with "M". 

My cpu is i7-12700k GPU is evga 3080ti, motherboard is z690-p-d4 with latest bios (3212). 

I think the issue is clear: ASUS upgraded the hardware version of this product to address the issue. question is how you plan to support our old version hardware.  thanks 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @sunfic 

Could you specify the software or hardware changes made before the ThunderboltEX 4 stopped working, such as, whether this happened after updating the BIOS or connecting other Thunderbolt devices?
What are the brand, model, and specifications of the connected Thunderbolt device?
If it is an older version, can the issue be resolved by updating to Thunderbolt Downgrade NVM31 Solution for Thunderbolt 2 devices Version 1.4 as described?

According to the user manual, please ensure the installation slot is correct.

If the issue persists, could you provide the BIOS main page and all manual adjustments, including memory overclocking, Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration details, and the current ThunderboltEX 4 installation slot?
Meanwhile, the ROG forum is specifically for discussions related to the ROG or TUF gaming series products. 
If you have inquiries regarding non-gaming series motherboards, we recommend posting your discussion on Zentalk>Motherboard.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂