cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Z790 Dark Hero Motherboard Yellow Light For DRAM On

DemonPower658
Level 7

Hey everyone, so I just recently bought the new Asus ROG Helios Case along with the Asus Ryujin III RGB Liquid Cooling, with even 4 Lian Li TL LCD Fans. The reason I made this significant switch was due to my Razer PC Case build having negative pressure in the case due to my fault placing the fans the wrong way. I’m very happy with this new case as there is very much room in it for everything but so far I have set everything up except for the RGB lights due to there not being enough ports on the motherboard but other then that everything else is hooked up I’m not sure if maybe that is causing a fault but I was running this Motherboard with all the same components that are currently transferred over just to a new case and fans. I’m not what is causing it but I turn on the power supply and then the LCD screen turns on from the Asus Ryujin III CPU Cooler but if I take the screen off the CPU the fan is not spinning at all. Neither are any of the other fans. I have no idea why it is throwing off the yellow light when the ram was working fine literally a week ago. I had checked the power supply with the paperclip test. It is fine. All I have when I turn on the computer is a yellow light on the motherboard, the RGB on the ram lighting up along with the LCD screen. No boot up menu, no entering BIOS. It’s very strange, I have even tried resetting the CMOS by removing the battery or even the buttons located on the back of the motherboard and still nothing. I have tried blowing the ram slots out. The connections for everything are all fine but my last resort is buying new ram sticks thinking they went bad meanwhile they less then 6 months old. The only other resolution could possibly be the RGB Header Splitter I am waiting on from Amazon but I can’t see that causing an issue with preventing the PC to boot up. If anybody has any recommendations please let me know asap really would like to get it fixed to start gaming again and enjoy my fresh new look. Here are my computer specs-

ASUS ROG Z790 Dark Hero

ASUS ROG Phantom II 1200w

ASUS Ryijun III 360 ARGB CPU Cooler

SAMSUNG 990 Pro 2TB

G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 2x32GB 6400MT/s

intel i9 14900K

Windows 11 Pro

3x LIAN LI TL LCD Reverse Fans

1x LIAN LI TL LCD Fan

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DemonPower658 

Could you confirm your current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 1202 released on April 19, 2024, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking again.

Regarding the issue you described, when the motherboard fails to boot and the DRAM Q-LED indicator lights on, it indicates an abnormality in the memory during the boot process.
We suggest you verify if the memory part number is listed in the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO QVL and if it is installed in the slots recommended in the user manual.

If necessary, consider only installing the CPU for integrated graphics output, installing a single RAM module in the DIMM_A2 slot, and connecting the PSU to confirm if the system can boot into BIOS.
Additionally, please refer to the motherboard and liquid cooling system user manuals to ensure all hardware and connection cables are installed correctly.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

DemonPower658
Level 7

Well thanks to my computer expert collogue I work with at my job, we came to figure out the issue that caused this annoying concern that basically jumped a pin on my motherboard and also requires me to get a new power supply as well to thanks to the ASUS ROG Helios Gaming Case. Turns out that the supplied CPU Extension Cables, they give you with this case do not function properly and basically trigger a jumped pin on your motherboard due to the faulty cables hardware that is used. Please keep in mind that I respect ASUS as a company as I do have the ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Power Supply even the ASUS ROG Z790 Dark Hero Motherboard but for me to pay $300 for an ASUS ROG Helios Gaming Case and basically assemble my whole functioning computer at the time before I got this case really made me disappointed as a customer. The way the case is designed it is very large with huge amounts of room for cable space but the provided CPU power supply cables that come with the ASUS ROG Thor 1200w Power Supply do not reach to your motherboard through the back of the case which is why they provide these extension cables which seems like a recent add on in the newer manufactured cases because there are numerous YouTube videos that people have had the same issue with their power supply cables for their CPU do not reach and they needed to buy extension cables. I unfortunately opened my ASUS ROG Helios Packaging and found these extension cables and thought that ASUS provided these cables and that they would not do any harm by using them considering they were given in the original ASUS ROG Helios packaging. But I clearly was wrong to assume this as I'm down to using my ASUS ROG M16 4070 Gaming Laptop up until I can come up with the additional $800 it cost me to replace my ASUS ROG Thor 1200w Power Supply & the ASUS ROG Z790 Dark Hero. I know I can submit a warranty claim through the ASUS warranty with these components not even being more then 6 months old, but I do not feel like waiting 3 moths to receive these items backs from them as I have heard from numerous of other ASUS customers that the warranty claim time does take that long for them to finally get there original ASUS products back. I just want to give everybody a heads up, so they do not have to encounter this issue I currently am going through myself. DO NOT USE THE EXTENSION CABLES FOR YOUR CPU PROVIDED IN THE ORIGINAL ASUS ROG HELIOS PACKAGING AS THEY WILL BREAK YOUR MOTHERBOARD. 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DemonPower658 

Thank you for your update.
According to the ROG Strix Helios manual, I could not confirm the presence of an extension cable in the Accessory Kit contents on page 2, and there are also no instructions regarding the use of an extension cable in the installation of the power supply unit on page 9.
Based on the diagram, the right view of the ROG-THOR-1200P PSU should face the inside of the case, close to the motherboard.

Could you provide more detailed explanations and a video of the issue you described?
Additionally, based on your description, do you currently require repair services for any hardware?
If needed, kindly message me directly with your personal information and product serial number.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂