cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX z790-F Gaming WIFI bios bluetooth support

blue82
Level 8

Hello guys!

Im annoyed  by the message i see when i start my pc: no keyboard detected. I use MX Key from Logiteck conected by bluetooth. Is any setting in bios where i can enable bluetooth to operate inside the usefi bios? For now, when i want to make changes i have tu plug some USBV keyboard. I want to not need to do that anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @blue82 

According to the BIOS user manual for the ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI, the BIOS setup program does not support Bluetooth devices.

Therefore, we suggest connecting another keyboard to confirm again.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @blue82 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Does the "no keyboard detected" prompt appear during the POST boot process or after entering the OS?
We recommend verifying if there is a BIOS update requirement and clearing the CMOS to boot with default BIOS settings before ensuring that both your keyboard and relevant driver versions are updated to the latest versions.
After completing these steps, please try reconnecting the mouse to check if the problem can be solved.
If necessary, please cross-test the USB receiver/dongle on different ports to eliminate the possibility of port abnormalities or interference.
Thank you.

blue82_0-1702370671333.png

about this situation i was talking. My keyboard is connected by BT wich is working.

I updated my reply with photo.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @blue82 

According to the BIOS user manual for the ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI, the BIOS setup program does not support Bluetooth devices.

Therefore, we suggest connecting another keyboard to confirm again.

Thank you.

Yeah. I see now, will try anyway with logiteck unifi. will update if its work

I can confirm now that it works only with unify dongle.