cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming Wi-Fi random restarts

tomasz-waszczyk
Level 7

I have bought Asus motherboard for work and I got random restarts of the whole system. I have newest BIOS. 

Spec:

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1g

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420

It's really disheartening when you I spend thousands on the system upgrade and have much more problems than with old one. I only wanted to have stronger hardware for work, not OC or something. And got more problems. Expensive problems.

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @tomasz-waszczyk 

May I ask whether the situation you described occurred after any recent changes were made? For example, did it occur following a BIOS update or the connection of an external device?
Could you confirm if you are currently running the 1709 BIOS version released on October 12th? After updating the BIOS, did you clear the CMOS?
We would recommend that you initially attempt to remove all external devices, verify the correct hardware connections before addressing potential issues, and check if all the drivers have been up-to-date.
Please refer to the links below if needed:
How to clear CMOS?
[Motherboard] How to install motherboard drivers and utilities?
[Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List?
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Automatic Shutdown/Restart Issues
If the problem persists, could you please provide more detailed hardware specifications and describe the scenario of the issue?

Thank you.

1TM1TM
Level 11

Hello. Random restarts seem to point to the processor. Try this:

1) download HWinfo64 (free, get from a reputable downloads site) - see Sensors secion, see CPU temperature. If it commonly exceeds 100C under load, and ~50C or more when idle (on Windows desktop) - this points to likely overheating. Double-check the installation of your AIO cooler. Re-read manuals for both AIO and the board - and watch a few videos how to ensure proper install. It's quite normal to re-install the cooler once or twice to get proper connection (as some coolers have poor connectors).

2) if re-seating / tightening the AIO cooler doesn't help, try this (odd) step: set your PC on its side. Here's why: if you a have graphics card, these days they are very heavy, and because of gravity may occasionally lose contact with the socket. Setting the PC horizontally gets gravity to pull the graphics card into the socket, not out of it. See if this helps. If so - find an appropriate support / prop for the sagging graphics card.

3) Check memory stability (using any free software as Testmem5 or Memtest86). Also check that all memory sticks are firmly seated in their sockets (need to have  a "click" and latches fully closed) - see videos how to.