cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix H470-I not picking up M.2_1 NVME

kyufaker
Level 8

Dear members,

I have recently bought 2 Samsung 990 Pro NVME drives and stuck them into M.2_1 and M.2_2 slots.  the _2 is picked up fine and works as intended, albeit at a slower rate.  The _1 however does not seem to be picked up at all...

I've tried messing around in the Bios, disabling sata controllers for m.2_1 (gray) etc to no avail.

Has anyone come up with this issue before?  Google didnt seem to offer much advice, unfortunately.

Please help! TIA

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @kyufaker 

Could you confirm your current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 2601, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking again.
Additionally, ensure that the M.2_1 slot is set to PCIe mode under PCH Storage Configuration in the BIOS.
If necessary, test each SSD separately in the M.2 slots to ensure proper functionality, and also verify that all related firmware is updated to the latest version.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

kyufaker
Level 8

Thank you so much for the prompt response.  I have bios at the latest version 2601. 

I have cleared CMOS and have removed SATA 6G_1 drive and inserted it into SAGA 6G_3 slot.

After this I can see the drive in M.2_1.  I have formatted the drive and it appears to run in order now.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @kyufaker 

I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the problem.
If you encounter any further difficulties or have any concerns, please feel free to update or DM me anytime.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂