cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F color LEDs at power on before OS boots

XRed_CubeX
Level 7

Hi all, I've had this motherboard for a year and a half, in the past I've never had this "problem" but now I've noticed that when I turn on the PC there's a rainbow color that I don't like.
The color disappears when windows starts up after a while and anyway it takes a while so then the color I set to Armory Crate (solid red) then comes back at startup.
The title is self-explanatory, I would like to make sure that the LEDs are red as soon as I turn on the PC, without waiting for the complete boot, I think this thing can be done because it was possible in the past.
It's a minor issue, I admit it but I still wanted to ask.
Have a nice day and thank you very much in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @XRed_CubeX 

At present, when booting on, it can only maintain the default lighting effect, which is the rainbow effect.
I will forward your feedback to our relevant team for reference and evaluation.

Thank you for supporting ASUS products.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @XRed_CubeX .

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, updating the armory crate or reinstalling the equipment
Have you set up Armory Crate and downloaded the most recent updates to the content in the update center?
If the problem persists, please share the details below:
- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- Armoury Crate version and a screen shot of the Armoury Crate Update Center

Thank you.

I don't remember exactly because I only now asked myself the question but I think it's following a UEFI or Armory crate update.

I installed all updates and set up armory crate

Details:

Bios: 3002

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

RAM: Ballistix DDR4 3600Mhz Red

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

PSU: NZXT C750

Armoury crate version and screenshot: See attachment

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @XRed_CubeX .

Thank you for sharing the detail.
According to confirmation from the relevant department, it is normal behavior that the RGB lighting effect during the boot-up process until entering the Windows system is rainbow, which is the default, and then transitions to your customized color (solid red) after entering the system.
This change was made in the Armory Crate version update.

Thank you.

But that doesn't make sense as a change, isn't there a way I can manually set it permanently when I turn on my PC?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @XRed_CubeX 

At present, when booting on, it can only maintain the default lighting effect, which is the rainbow effect.
I will forward your feedback to our relevant team for reference and evaluation.

Thank you for supporting ASUS products.