cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Maximux Z790 Extreme ERP mode issue with Intel AX411

rufat
Level 9

Enabling ERP mode in BIOS on Asus Rog Maximux Z790 Extreme causing Intel Wi-Fi AX411 to power lost state (Code 10 in Windows Device Manager). The only solution to make wifi and Bluetooth to work is reanabling in BIOS. If computer enters ERP mode again then you have to repeat the same procedure every time.

This issue persists for a long time and here in forums I found a couple of issues related to Intel AX411 as well. Please assist.

6 REPLIES 6

rufat
Level 9

Found that the same issue for AX411 persists after cold boot (by releasing power cable from PSU and reattaching back). Is this the right place for this post ? Is there anyone from Asus support reading this stuff ?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @rufat 

May I inquire about your current BIOS version, and is the primary networking method currently Intel WiFi rather than LAN?
Could you please provide details about the specific usage scenario that necessitates enabling ErP Ready, and is it configured as [Enabled (S4+S5)] or [Enabled (S5)]? ?
As per the instructions in the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition ), when set to [Enabled], all other PME options are switched off.

Relevant information can be found under [Motherboard] How to disable standby power of the USB connected device.
Considering your usage context, we would recommend you reconsider keeping ErP Ready disabled.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

@Jiaszzz_ROG 

BIOS version 1501.

Primary Network - Wi-Fi

ErP Mode - Enabled S4 + S5. I'm using Thermaltake Pacific MX2 Ultra CPU Waterblock which have a small display. In S4 state display keeps powered on because it receives power over USB which remains to work. To disable USB power in S4 state the only solution is ErP mode. But as I mentioned above it's causing AX411 to stop working. AX411 have issues also after cold boot as I mentioned in a previous comment. The question here is how to fix this behavior of AX411.

rufat
Level 9

Any updates on this issue ? Still waiting for the response.

rufat
Level 9

@Jiaszzz_ROG Kind Reminder

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @rufat 

May I ask whether your network interface card is built-in or externally connected?

Considering your situation, would you try setting the ErP Ready option to [Disabled] to allow the proper functioning of the water cooling head and prevent any interruptions to the Intel AX411? 

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂