cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO USB3 PORT

adrifoxbg
Level 9

On the DARK HERO motherboard one of the USB ports is a little weird, there is some resistance when plugging in a flash drive

The first red under blue to be exact.

The service told me that there is no problem and some ports were like that
Is it really so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

May I ask when connected to the port:
Have you experienced any abnormalities when using USB devices? For example, issues like being unable to read USB hard drives or external USB devices not functioning properly.
Do you see any abnormal indications for that port in Device Manager, such as a yellow exclamation mark?
If so, here are some relevant FAQs you can refer to:
[Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - USB Functionality Issues
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO/MiniPC] Troubleshooting - How to fix yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager
Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @adrifoxbg 

May I ask when connected to the port:
Have you experienced any abnormalities when using USB devices? For example, issues like being unable to read USB hard drives or external USB devices not functioning properly.
Do you see any abnormal indications for that port in Device Manager, such as a yellow exclamation mark?
If so, here are some relevant FAQs you can refer to:
[Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - USB Functionality Issues
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO/MiniPC] Troubleshooting - How to fix yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager
Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Everything works, but it is strangely different from other ports

My concerns are more about mechanical issues than software

From the photo, no anomalies are visible inside the USB port

But notice how different they are with the first and second USB ports.