Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 LGA 1200 Motherboard
Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO Cooler
Asus ROG Strix Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB OC
Intel i9 11900K
Cooler Master MasterFan MF140 (4x)
Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 (3x)
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 4x32GB (128GB) - 3600MHz
Cooler Master Cosmos 700P Black Edition
Samsung 980 PRO NVMe Gen 4 M2 SSD 2TB (2x)
Corsair AX 1200 Watt Power Supply

I was able to get my motherboard back from repair from a recent RMA. For about a week ago everything was working fine until for some reason it stopped working with all of my RAM slots filled. It seems that both B1 and B2 slots are not working but it shows it detects the RAM stick but would boot up with it. I have been trying to do different tests to see what can be the problem. I am able to boot my machine with the A2 slot and I am yet to test the A1 slot, so I need to know what is going on here. Do I need to take my machine to MicroCenter in Brooklyn, New York to have extra eyes to see what could be the problem here?? I need help here and I need to know what is the issue with this board, it has been sent in for repair a couple of times either it was repaired or replaced. Another thing as well, when running the command prompt and trying to get the serial number from the motherboard I get no result at all...So what is wrong with that as well? Is the serial number of the board not embedded in the BIOS??

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DarkKing78 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
May I inquire about your current BIOS version and whether any memory overclocking or manual settings have been configured? 
If you install two memory modules in the DIMM_A2 and B2 slots as recommended in the ROG MAXIMUS XIII EXTREME user manual, does the system successfully boot in the default BIOS settings?

For the motherboard serial number, please refer to the steps outlined in "How to find Product Serial Number and Check Number."
I have also PM you, kindly check the inbox in the upper right corner.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

I did that and it was stuck on error code 55

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DarkKing78 

Since I haven't received a response from you in PM, I'm unable to further confirm the details of your previous repair.
Could you confirm if the memory part number currently installed is CMK128GX4M4D3600C18 (Ver3.44)?

Based on the situation you described, we recommend clearing CMOS and installing only two modules in the DIMM_A2 and B2 slots to confirm if the system can boot into OS.
If you haven't already updated to the latest BIOS 2001 released on December 20, 2023, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before checking again.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂