cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Prime Z790-A WiFi 6E massive chipset heatsink

SaltyGame
Level 7

So i recently ordered a Asus Prime Z790-a WiFi and started building my new gaming pc since yesterday, today was finally going to be the day to boot up and start using it along with a EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Gaming and then in the near future upgrade to a ASUS TUF GAMING RTX4090. To my surprise this motherboard's chipset heatsink is so grotesque that i can't plug in the RTX3080 TI gpu.

So... if i can;t use this motherboard with the biggest yet smallest version of modern GPUs how would i be able to do with the biggest one?

I thought about going for vertical mounting but spending more money and having a sub-optimal build, when i bought a case for optimally cool down these beasts of GPU, is not close to what i want or what i will do.

My question is: is there a way to move, the heatsink? Or should i return this board and buy a better designed version? Or generally speaking and simply what should i do in this situation?

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello,
Based on your description, are you currently facing difficulties installing the GPU into the PCIEX16 slot on the motherboard? 

May I inquire if you have consulted the PRIME Z790-A WIFI-CSM user manual, specifically page 2-19, to confirm the relevant installation guide?
Your explanation was a bit unclear, so could you please provide photos or a video to further clarify the situation?

Thank you.